Toyo Proxes 4 - Anyone have these?

I've had toyos' date=' just wore out too quickly for my liking...

eagle F1 GSD3's on now tough...

[/quote']

:-d Funny you should say that. Ive got a set on my santa monicas waiting for when my car goes back on the road lol. Pehaps if i right my Mk3 off ill end up doing a mk2 convertion.

Out of intrested which did you prefer pete mk2 or 3??

a bit of a difficult question to answer that one, mainly because its not far off being a year since I last drove a VR6!

the mk2 defiantly seems more responsive, low down. and off the mark.... not driven it much yet, still need insure, tax and MOT it. however i know for a fact, i'm going to enjoy this car even more than my mk3.

Pete

I personally didnt get on with either the Goodyears or the toyos in their previous pattern designs, but am currently running the new Proxes 4. So far so good, but the tread pattern isnt the best for my style of driving in the dry, but as its winter and wet, I wanted to try something different. Also, the new assymetric Goodyear F1 is starting to be introduced, but not down to anything under scoobyt sized 17's last time I checked

was going to until a tyre fitter mate said they are nowhere near as good as T1-Rs. Ended up with a set of Pirrelli sport contacts which so far seem awesome, they seem to handle a charged VR very well wereas my last set (yoko's) broke free all the time

Currently running a set of T1-R-s but as it has been said, they do wear down very quickly due to their softness. What kinda prices have you been paying for your tyres recently. I heard that their is some good deals to be had on the T1-R's since they are now an 'old' mould?

Currently running a set of T1-R-s but as it has been said' date=' they do wear down very quickly due to their softness. What kinda prices have you been paying for your tyres recently. I heard that their is some good deals to be had on the T1-R's since they are now an 'old' mould?

[/quote']

about 48+VAT a corner for T1-Rs Had four delivered last week for £202 inc.

[/quote']

toyos are pretty soft but then they're considerably cheaper than the eagles

didnt find £73 a corner that expensive to be honest for the eagels...

where's that from? They're £90 on my tyres which makes them £100 a corner fitted

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be in the market for some new tyres soon so I've been looking at the Toyo Proxes 4. I'm currently running Nexen N3000's. A so called budget tyre at £50 each fitted just over a year ago when I fitted my TT Comps. I've been very impressed with them but its time for change. I found this shop http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyo-Proxes4-205-40-17-Tyres-Buy-3-get-1-Free_W0QQitemZ200176121506QQihZ010QQcategoryZ9891QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262 on flea bay. Four Toyo Proxes 4's for £220 or £115 for two including delivery :o . I just hope they're still selling them at that price in a month or so. Check out some of their other deals on different makes. I haven't been able to find these cheaper anywhere else.

Kevin

[/quote']

toyos are pretty soft but then they're considerably cheaper than the eagles

didnt find £73 a corner that expensive to be honest for the eagels...

i use hotlane too when u get used to the mk2 can u let me know what the eagle f1s r like mate im gonna need a set in the next month or so