RACELAND 6 BRANCH MANIFOLD

Doubt you'll notice any difference to be fair mate. Although if it's your bag, it does sound nice and raspy.

Upgrade your front engine mount too as they have a tendency to crack if there is excessive engine movement. Some also recommend wrapping them as they give off loads of ambient heat - depends if your serious about tuning or want it for looks alone.

I had one ready to go on my old charged VR but never bothered fitting it, as there are so many threads on forums about if they actually gain anything at all. Try searching VW Vortex, as there was a very interesting thread about the whole thing on there from what I can remember.

some people say that the original exhaust manifold is more than up to the job , and because its cast is stronger as well,

you can port out your exhaust manifold as the ports due to casting marks are slightly smaller then the ones on the block, i have done this to my spare one but i havent fitted it yet untill i get my modded inlet manifold welded up and ill fit them all together

Thing is that I am not sure what is acually required to supercharge the car and what is needed for the different stages of supercharging.

I have just posted a new post to find out what is required for the different stages so that I can avoid buying things that will be useless when i move on to supercharge it such as the air filter like Jay said.

Cheers,

Alex

some people say that the original exhaust manifold is more than up to the job ' date=' and because its cast is stronger as well,

you can port out your exhaust manifold as the ports due to casting marks are slightly smaller then the ones on the block, i have done this to my spare one but i havent fitted it yet untill i get my modded inlet manifold welded up and ill fit them all together

[/quote']

I was thinking about porting and polishing the head, but I have been told that it is expensive to do this.

Do you think it is worth doing?

Cheers

Alex

it does make a gain , its more focused on the higher rpm bhp range .

the differance is definatly noticable ceramic coating or heat wrap is needed to make achive the full gain ....

mines not broke or cracked , with 200+ runs at Pod and nearly 2 years hard hard use!!