Super charger newbie, after some info

I recently bought a second hand stage 2 supercharger kit from a mate. Im just getting around to thinking about fitting it and have some questions before i start.

Do i need to fit a head spacer, ive been told i should, but ive done some searching on here & have noticed that you dont have to? will i acheive more power if i do fit one?

i have all the uprated injectors and everything else thats needed for stage 2, does anyone roughly know what the power gain will be? ive been told about 280-300bhp?

I'll be getting it re-mapped at stealth on completion, will it be ok to drive it there on the standard map?

thanks in advance, stephen.

head not needed at the start for stage 2!

expect 250+ as it also depends on the exhaust etc etc etc. you are running. It will be fine to run on the standard map. it will run rich. do not put the injectors in until you get to stealth, it will run better for that trip and it is a 10 min thing to fit the injectors and regulator when you are there. he may throw it in if you ask nice like..

good luck

Why is everyone so unwilling to help out a little? i thought thats the whole idea of being in a group' date=' to share info and ideas, and help each other out?

Starting to wonder if it was worth becoming a premium member, seems very 'clicky' to me.

[/quote']

Eh? everything has been answered that you asked.....you even answered some of it yourself!

And this site is not clicky......you try other forums for "clicky" this is relaxed

You need to chill out man this is one of the best if not best sites for info on the vr6 .People are very friendly here ,but you have to give them a chance as they are not on 24/7 i`m sorry if you feel its clicky .I can assure you they are not trying to offend you in anyway.

turbo_ted: calm down, this sort of question has been asked and answered many times over, tried using the search and looking through some of the archives? There's an entire supercharger FAQ thread on the forum also, so I would start off by reading that first and foremost.

As you will have no doubt known, ultimate dubs yesterday, like me, im sure everyone has been busy with there car as opposed to being in front of a computer screen.

In reference to your comment "Starting to wonder if it was worth becoming a premium member, seems very 'clicky' to me. "

I'm sorry, but I take offence at that comment, given all the years of hard work myself and the other people have put in to the website and club as a whole, there's alot that premium membership offeres, info, discounts etc... if you dont want to take advantage of those, then be my guest.

Pete

thank you guys for your help.

Its not my intention to upset or offend members on here, Infact im perfectly chilled, thanks.

I have searched thru the archives but couldn't find anything on pully sizes, which is why i asked about it.

Perhaps should'nt of written the comment mentioned above and im sorry, maybe a better way of putting it is that it 'appers' some of the existing long term members dont really want to talk to the newer members. Maybe its not like that for you, but as a newer member, this is how it seems to me. Just my experience so far.

Vr6 pete: I know how hard it is to build and run a forum, as i own and run one for our local area thats been going for nearly 4 years now, with 400+ members. so i know its difficult.

• 1 month later...

found it!

And for reference:

3.25" Pulley

Boost up to 6-7 psi

3.12" Pulley

Boost up to 8-9 psi

2.87" Pulley

Boost up to 10-11 psi

2.75" Pulley

Boost up to 12 psi

2.62" Pulley