Nurburgring July 2008 (Summer)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

absolutely' date=' can't afford to go if not camping.

[/quote']

I know a certain hotelier who is going to be most upset to hear that ;) would love to come to this but think it's going to be too tight money wise :-(

In answer to both points: there's always next Easter!

My trip is mostly already paid for as I took out 12month breakdown and medical cover at Easter and have had the SpeedFerry flex tickets for over a year. Food and beer I'd have to buy at home. Which only leaves petrol, Luxembourg here I come, and 'Ring rickets. And to reduce costs there I'm planning on being a Pax Lap Whore (again ;-) )

Thesha: what colour VR am I looking out for?

absolutely' date=' can't afford to go if not camping.

[/quote']

I know a certain hotelier who is going to be most upset to hear that ;) would love to come to this but think it's going to be too tight money wise :-(

In answer to both points: there's always next Easter!

Already saving up for easter mate :-p also noticed this

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=17895

in case it's of any use

Think I would rather prefer to book the time off and have a much better chance of getting good weather later in the year as opposed to going easter. the weather is stil pretty awful now, and we are half way through april...

for most, its a once a year event. and i'm sure other people would like to make the most of it too.

Pete

Think I would rather prefer to book the time off and have a much better chance of getting good weather later in the year as opposed to going easter. the weather is stil pretty awful now' date=' and we are half way through april...

for most, its a once a year event. and i'm sure other people would like to make the most of it too.

Pete

[/quote']

There's no reason we can't do two trips again like this year. I for one prefer the Easter format as it means no time off work. As a contractor, I lose money for every day I take off. Anyway, this year was brilliant. It was my best trip yet, despite (because of?) the weather. I don't see the problem with the weather being changable. I still got several laps in that were bone dry and I experienced both wet and snowy laps.

Cheers,

Andy

So we are still risking it again at Easter and not moving it towards middle of the year?

it's the draw of the four day opening and not needing to take vacation. Next year Easter is w/e 12th April.

I agree about the lack of needing to take any holiday time but would be happy to push the date back in order to help with the weather situation, but as Nige says Easter is 3 weeks later next year

and it can rain at anytime of year which can close the track just as much as snow due to accidents.

Multiple trips seems to be the answer ;-)

Exactly. There was still a good amount of track time this year. There were no track closures for the whole weekend. It wasn't very busy either. All we needed was a few more people there for atmosphere. The spectators had to be a little too hardcore this year!

Cheers,

Andy

• 3 weeks later...