Nurburgring July 2008 (Summer)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats with a random Centerparcs link amongst a Ring trip thread?! Or has my hastiness to question meant that i have missed something earlier on in the thread? *-)

Easter for me as well i think.... 2nd time lucky! Going to be spunking all my money on making sure she is 100% mechanically fine this year so cant afford the summer trip.

Whats with a random Centerparcs link amongst a Ring trip thread?! Or has my hastiness to question meant that i have missed something earlier on in the thread? *-)

Easter for me as well i think.... 2nd time lucky! Going to be spunking all my money on making sure she is 100% mechanically fine this year so cant afford the summer trip.

Center Parcs is only a few miles from the 'Ring. Good cheap accomodation.

Cheers,

Andy

Ahhh makes sense' date=' i thought we were all booking a big VR6 family holiday!

[/quote']

We are. Except, there's no adults on this trip! I might be coming in a track car of my own next time. I've obtained a Peugeot 205 GTi track slag, which could prove fun. It'll have a Batchelor's, Master's and Doctorate at the Andy Laurence University of Lightening for added performance. It's a freebie car that I'm going halves on running, so all plans are subject to approval by my motoring partner!

Cheers,

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

well i'm hoping to make an appearance providing:

1. the car is finished

2. work gives me a break

3. family gives me a break

4. all of the above happen at the same time..

have had over a year out now and am gettin really fed up with missing out on all the action :(

I'm coming from Norway:). Taking the ferry to copenhagen and driving like mad from there . . . . crossing my fingers that nothing goes wrong;).

Its gonna be cool to see all those vr6es driving down the autobahn!

At the present rate it's not going to be all that impressive :-(

I'm coming from Norway:). Taking the ferry to copenhagen and driving like mad from there . . . . crossing my fingers that nothing goes wrong;).

Its gonna be cool to see all those vr6es driving down the autobahn!

At the present rate it's not going to be all that impressive :-(

How many are going? Or how few are going?

Cmon guys' date=' If i drive fron NORWAY you should manage to drive from england . .. . You have better roads aswell;).

[/quote']

Might get too expensive.

I think you've answered the question between you. Economic factors are not in out favour. :@

I'm still in. Might have to find a passenger to share petrol. everything else is either paid for or cheap. I don't know how many are coming from the Genetically Modified group in total but VDubgirl is all booked with them and will be driving her MK2 conversion.

• 4 weeks later...

unforunatly i'm out of this now. job situation takes higher priority :(

After a week of 'Will I / Won't I' I've settled on I will. The price of petrol isn't going to magically drop and neither will the Euro. So it's now or never ( for this year ;-) ) My only concern is camping in a site full of rowdy German diesel heads. Might have to pre haggle a corner of a UK pitch on Northloop

Ok, i cant be arsed to go through all the previous 8 pages so gimme details?? How much if i want to take my VR?

OR, if any1 has a spare passanger seat how much will it cost me? Fuel? Accomidation? tickets? ferry? etc etc?

Also wat date?

well everything you need to now is on page 1!

Basically, 11th - 15th July, ferry crossing ~£120, petrol ~£200, camping E12 a day - the German truck Grand Prix is on the same weekend so local hotels will all be booked up.

But it does seem to have died a death, with only me going and even then I'm not taking the VR.