I'm am going to be uping the boost on my V9 charger pretty soon, to about 10-12psi and was wondering what sort of boost fellow Vortex charger users were using, and was the charger proving reliable at that pressure. Also what sort of lag you are getting.

Cheers..

We're fitting to the R32 motor this year, H beam conrods, JE forged low compression pistons (with squish ring), a PWR charge cooler, APR head bolts to name but a few goodies ready for show season, was looking at a 10-12psi pulley to make it driveable, just wondered about reliability on a V9, would an oil cooler help?.

With the beefed up bottom end we're hoping to play about with the NOS alittle too, which is already installed.

Dunno what sort of power it'll be making with 12psi on an R32 lump.

Seen an R32 running over 2bar of boost with the same internals make over 600bhp.. Until the head lifted off... Mmmm..

Hi John, long time no speak! Was talking to James at JBS last week when I was having the R remapped. He mentioned you were after some more boost. I've seen quite a few V9's running 12psi but they always seem to develop belt slip, have you not considered going Rotrex, better still, turbo with all those internal mods? I guess you'll know James has recently performed a turbo upgrade on a MK4 R32, running 650hp with no management lights!

Gonna look at a 6 ribbed belt for starters, then a larger idler.

The turbo conversion can always be done at a later date.

But i do want something that is drivable (a mk2 hasnt the weight problem of a fatboy R32).

As you say, these internals will take over 600bhp,

With the NOS install i've already got, it can be played with.