like it says the fan on mine won't turn off have replaced the expansion bottle and the cap tonight as found it was lettig by as the cap was knackered :(

is the box under the bottle related to the fan and am i right in saying that the brone plug on the front of the engine is for the fan switch ?????

should i try replacing the fan switch 1st or look at the box under the expansion bottle ?????

HOPING YOU GUYS CAN HELP

REGARDS

PAUL

Your are right, the box under the expansion tank is the fan controller. The normal running fan control switch is in the radiator, just by the PAS bottle IIRC. The switch on the thermostat is for the after run cooling.

Try disconnecting both, one at a time as it could be either. This will tell you if one is stuck closed. But if your expansion bottle has been dropping water all over the controller it might be at fault, or might just need drying out.

In the meantime pop the fan fuse out to stop it. But remember to put it back before you go driving!

TG

thanx m8 the fan only runs with the ignition on so the fuse isn't a problem but it shouldn't be running all the time so i disconnecftedthe rad switch and it made no difference the fan was still running but if i disconnect the brown multi plug from the stat housing down by the fan on the engine the fan stops ??????? is it this stat that needs replacing or you still recon it's the control box have taken that off tonight and had a good look round can't see any water in it but heh who knows

all sorted got home tonight and shot down to vw dealership and got me a new thermostat (brown plug ) and fitted it all mended

the brown plugged stat is for the 3 stage fan selection hese if it's knackered it just sends the message run at full bore LOL

ice is in as welll sounds awsome so all in all a good night :-p :-p :-p

thnx guys for the help