diagnostics test help and someone local to give bit of advice

Hi

since i bought my car i have never really been greatly happy with the performance, but who i got the car of didnt really look after it that well all usual faults common or not were wrong, since having i have fixed them all but now im down to wanting it running write ( it maybe running write not sure as its my first vr6) this being the reason im looking for anyone who can do a diagnostics test im in derby and want to do the test to see if there is anything that can tell me

also i have never had one of these done could this give me answers

also does anyone live near ilkeston,derby with a 2.8vr6 obd1 if so anychance i could have a look at your engine as i have a few wires and plugs not doing anything just hanging and wanna see if they should or not be like that.

cheers

Hi not sure how you get pics on here, also there are 2 wires behind the manifold right hand side as you look at engine from front of car by the pin connector block, but not sure its anything to do with maf as car runs fine revs stick on 900 when still, just when driving i feel its not pulling as good as it should cheers