Speedo needle going crazy - NOW WITH VID

Hi Guys, need some help

My speedo needle has all of a sudden started acting crazy. No rhyhm or reason, just happened with nothing to tell me why.

when ignition is on the needle just spasms, it flicks round doing 360's, then holds pointing down after going past 160mph (on the clock, not my speed). Then back to 0, and repeat.

And after a run, with the ignition off andd key out it will swing round past 160mph, and hold pointing down.

It's just plain wierd.

Anyone experienced this?

Any pointers towards the cause would be greatly appreciated

Cheers guys

As

It's very weird to say the least.

I'm trying to upload a vid to show you guys.

Speed sensor sounds the most logical reason, but then it's behaviour doesn't act to that logic.

Doing a constant speed, if I accelerate the needle shoots round past 160mph, if i decelerate foot off throttle the needle shoots round to 0mph, and if i apply very very very slight throttle the needle flicks around like a crazed mofo.

I'll upload vid asap

right heres the vid.

As described, when it shoots round past 160mph i'm applying over 2% throttle, when it shoots back to 0mph i'm off throttle decelerating, and when it wiggling all over thew place i'm apply less then 2% throttle

Its just playing lol... Id never seen it before but first thing id do is check the connection on the clocks and the fuse board. Then try new clocks from ebay sell again if doesnt solve. Check wiring down the speed sencer. then try a speed sencer

Right, all sorted (for now).

Took the speed sensor connector off, problem still present.

Took clocks out, tried another set, fine

Plugged my clocks back in, lost all cluster fuctions.

Took earth strap off battery, reconnected, all is well again with the world

happy days