Hi everyone

well its that time of year tax rebate getting about £1200 and its all going on my engine

might not seem alot to some of you guys but to me its good just wondering what sort of engine mods i could get with this, also what sort of power gain, also ive been thinking of getting it supercharged at some time but my engine has 143,000 on clock, would people recommend putting a less milage engine in, if so which, also this engine has had a new head fited about a year ago if matters

also my engine is the 2.8 obd1 in golf

cheers

I would put some money to it and get the engine rebuilt totaly and then start saving again. I know its not what you want to hear ,but the mileage is a bit high to be charging at the time of your engines life others may disagree ,but i always like to air on the side of caution.

Hi i understand but would it be cheaper or better to buy a engine thats got about 70,000 then start to tune that if so would you reccomend i put the 2.9 or just straight swap with the same 2.8 engine or go for the ob2 cheers

Hi sounds good to me if i go for the engine swap the lower milage obd2 would i still be able to use my gearbox or are they different also what should i aim to get with engine

as for the r32 engine i will try looking for one aswell if i go that route how are they to drop in and what will i need cheers

If yours had a brand new head then the top ends going to be in better nick than a 70,000er

Why not just get it bored to 2.9 and put some forged pistons in new shells and even some H beem rods, apr studs and then when you do wanna go FI its all ready ready for you.

Hi well i dont no if the head was brand new or second hand when fitted as i have no paperwork for it, also would you say its worth just getting the 2.9 obd2 dropped in and play with that

to be honest i have never really tuned my engines before so this is all new to me i usually just get them nice and clean cheers