since replacing the dodgy 20A fuse for the proper 30A, the fans seem to be on the weak side a touch.

does anyone know of or experienced this prob? btw the 20A didn't blow, just melted the plastic part of fuse, thats how dodgy it was.

i've experienced fans settings not working before from last car but i think this is completely different fix to that. i'm not quite as daring to poke around the electonics of the climatronic.

i will check tonite since i just got my cable through post ;)

although i have been told my climatronic is indicating that there is a fault.

i have been told if the climatronic flashs on start up, its trying to give you a code with the number of flashes and from then it turns into a mystery 8-|

• 2 weeks later...

Next to the radio or heated seat switch if you have heated seats there is a small grill. Behind this grill is one of the interior temp sensors. Behind this is a fan which either takes air from this senson or feeds it with air so the Climatronic can figure out how much cold/hot air to blow. They usually get clogged up with dust and dirt so it needs to be cleaned out. However to get to the fan you'll need to take out most of the center console then gently clean it out and reassemble then have the fault code cleared.

Had the same problem on mine, once the fan had been cleaned and the fault code cleared it stayed away and all has been fine since! ;)

Any questions send me a PM and i can explain in more detail for any specific steps! :)

pete since your the only one taking interest.

00796 - fan for interior temp sensor (V42)

what' date=' where and who ;)

[/quote']

Sorry been busy with my redundancy. yep, had this same code, I just crashed the car instead of fixing it, as it seemed the easier option :)

yep' date=' had this same code, I just crashed the car instead of fixing it, as it seemed the easier option :)

[/quote']

sounds like a quick easy fix. its something to consider :-p

cheers guys, i will find time one day where its not soooo hot and safe to sit down on leathers without injury and rip everything apart.

mine are also doin this but mine came up with the temp sensore fault code and also a motor fault code' date='

so replacing/cleaning the senser should sort this out ?

[/quote']

Try cleaning the sensor first by gently blowing out any dust dirt and maybe with a soft toothbrush.

If that doesn't work then you'll need to clean the smaall fan that sits behind it.

Don't have any pictures to hand at the moment but should be able to get some pics showing whats what.

But you'll need to pry of the Climatronic cover with a small flat screw driver. Remove the ECU/Control unit. Then remove the section where that was screwed into (i.e where the ashtray is as well) Then remove the middle vents again with a small flat screw driver. Then remove all screws so you can get the vents out. Be careful of any wires disconnect any as requiered so you can remove the vents and housing. Then where the sensor is you'll see the fan. Again just use logic and slowly take things apart so you can clean it all out.

Then refit everything as you took it out, clear the faults and test and it should hopefully fix the problem.

Or like Pete did, write your car off! ;)

is the fan just located behind the sensor or do you have go hunting for it? i've thought of buying one of those air aerosols used for cleaning comps n stuff and blasting it down from the front.

i'm little short of time these days so don't like the idea of a time consuming disassemble and mash back together job :S

i have removed all of it before when i swapped my dash lol' date='

ill giv it ago when i get chance, but i dont remember seen a fan bahind it i thought the senser was jus a coil ?

[/quote']

Sensor is just a coil as such but in the actual housing behind the sensor is a fan that feeds it air so it knows the temp in the car and the temp of the air coming through the vents and can adjust the mixture (hot/cold) as needed ;)

If i find a picture of the vents i'll post it up and indicate where the fan is! :)

oh pic of the fan will be cool :) im stuggling with this code too, however my fan settings work ok i.e slow up and down and also auto does do somthing so but ive never really bothered to read exactly what or how AUTO function works...I can def see the logic of the sensor and small fan in assisting the AUTO function to do its job.

yes everything actually seems to work ok, which is weird but my flashing used to be intermittent now it happens all the time.

Wonder if this fan and sensor are avaible from breakers ect , would hate to see what stealers would charge for this!

AUTO - Air con on

ECON - Air con off

;) As to finding one in a scrap yard is doubtful as i don't think Climatronic was so widely available in the UK...?

All the Climatronic is just regulate the airflow and temperature to maintain what ever temperature value is preselected on the unit. All the AUTO and ECON buttons do is just turn the aircon on or off respectively :)