MY R32 build thread and also my past cars......

As I haven't been on hear in years I thought I would post a bit of my Dub history and then my current ride. Most of you who are on other VW forums will probably recognise some of the cars I have owned but after this weekend at PVF I thought I best get back online and renew my membership.

So here we go First car nice Polo GT was awesome

Mycar1.jpg

Then moved onto a Corsa Sport. No pics lol, sold that for a Helious blue MK2 16V GTI which was lovely.

Sold that then for this another MK2 16V GTI (5door this time) which some of you may remember from years back.

111_1141.jpg

Which then died when my best mate rear ended me so I stripped her completely and sold the bits.

120_2013.jpg

120_2015.jpg

122_2266.jpg

123_2366.jpg

Then it was a VR6 time and I found a lovely low mileage (50K) model in the Dragon Green which was very clean

100_0028.jpg

100_0030.jpg

Missing my MK2's I then purchased a GTI Engineering RE1900 16V which was in lovely Oak Green. Wish I never sold this one. Had the VR6 at the same time as well

126_2686.jpg

126_2688.jpg

126_2691.jpg

126_2683.jpg

I then sold the Oak green beastie and purchased a white 5 dr G60. With 240Bhp was awesome fun.

I love this car to bits and decided to spend a small fortune on her getting her to how I wanted it to look. This is how she looked when I purchased her.

127_2729.jpg

127_2728.jpg

84733141.jpg

IMG_3425.jpg

Then how she ended before I sold her and lots of elbow grease by myself.

IMG_5708.jpg

IMG_5643.jpg

IMG_5653.jpg

IMG_5662.jpg

IMG_4100.jpg

IMG_4074.jpg

IMG_4073.jpg

I then purchased this as a daily hack as I was doing 500 mile a week to work and back. Managed to put 27,000miles on it in 12 months

IMG_5574.jpg

I then sold the G60 and Fezzie and purchased this

IMG_5727.jpg

IMG_5728.jpg

IMG_5734.jpg

The R32 Build thread....

Only had the car a week before some simple mods were purchased

R32 Mats

IMG_5737.jpg

ECS window module. (Window roll up etc basically)

IMG_5738.jpg

Polo rear wiper as MK4 one looks poope

IMG_5739.jpg

And my private plate finally which has been on retention since my best mate wrote off my Tornado Red 16V GTI

IMG_5741.jpg

Right the manifolds all arrived, once again many thanks to intelligent tuning. Looks so nice laid out in the garage hahaha

IMG_5746.jpg

IMG_5748.jpg

Packed all the exhaust off and drove to my mates house in salcombe, lovely drive from where I am in Plymouth with sum great roads to test the R32.

On arrival got my car into his workshop whilst lee started to jack the car up, I decided to go have a gander at the lovely cars at his house. Audi S4 which is a complete beast, MK3 GTI, his girlfriends Lupo GTI and his 400 BHP MK2 Golf out of the picture.

IMG_5752.jpg

From there it was time to crack on with taking all the old system off. Started by removing the airbox, throttle body and attached coolant pipes etc to the throttle body. To make it easier we also removed the manifold heat shield which was a bit of a bugger!

IMG_5750.jpg

IMG_5751.jpg

IMG_5753.jpg

From there we went onto removing the old exhaust system which happened to be resonated milltek one to my fuck up lol. Both of us found it quite funny but whoever fitted it needed shooting as what kind of fool fits a stainless steel exhaust and then uses cheap crappy mild steel exhaust clamps which we basically pulled off with out hands!!

IMG_5755.jpg

IMG_5757.jpg

IMG_5754.jpg

The exhaust came off easily and needs a good clean before I sell it, then it was onto the cat good to see VW actually has sense as all the lambda's in the cat have seperate connectors and different size blocks so you can tell them apart from the ones in the manifold. 4 lamdas seems a bit of an overkill but it obviously needs them lol. The Cats come off very easily again! At this stage no bolts broken or sheered off and it only took us about an hour or so to get this far.

IMG_5756.jpg

IMG_5758.jpg

After nearly hanging my vast weight off the lambda's in the vice they were clearly not going to budge so with a lil bit of heat they soon come free.

IMG_5763.jpg

From there Lee decided to takle the downpipe bolts which were a pain to get to but they come off once again with no problems. It then took a bit of time to undo all the manifold bolts as the space behind the engine is somewhat tight but eventually the manifolds were off.

After lunch and a few cups of tea we commenced on the removal of the downpipe. Absolute sodding nightmare of the highest order and took hours but basically involved dropping the subframe and power steering rack which gave you the faulse sense of hope that you may be able to remove the manifold without undoing the propshaft, ermmmmmmmmmmm NO! So after about an hour of fannying about trying to wiggle the manifold out we removed the propshaft and then you were able to pull the downpipes out from underneath the car as there is just enough room.

IMG_5759.jpg

IMG_5760.jpg

IMG_5761.jpg

IMG_5762.jpg

Then the re-fitting commenced after tea by this time it was pretty late and I had already wrapped the manifold and downpipe in exhaust wrap. The Milltek manifolds were a bugger to fit as you had even less room to do the bolts up etc and this proved very time consuming but eventually the manifold and downpipes were fitted with all new gaskets and bolts from VW. Lee also then attached the milltek cats to line the downpipes up also the non-resonated section. From there we called it a day as we were both nackered.

IMG_5764.jpg

I have ordered all the new subframe bolts from VW and also a poly dog bone mount as its sodding scary how easy the engine is to move by hand when this was off! So roll on tomorrow morning when the bits arrive and can then get the car finished.

All now finished. Fuck me does it sound good. May be a little loud to the point that you can hear it from miles away but who cares when its the R32 howl :lol:

Quick few pics of the finished article and many thanks to lee for his efforts 8)

IMG_5542.jpg

IMG_5543.jpg

IMG_5545.jpg

IMG_5546.jpg

IMG_5547.jpg

Few more bits fitted

LED sidelights

IMG_5553.jpg

and Poly dog bone mount

IMG_5552.jpg

More bits added.

VW IPOD controller, pretty good actually and just as good as the alpine one I had in my MK2:

IMG_5561.jpg

R-Line Bra on for the winter months back and forth to work:

IMG_5562-1.jpg

Vented Grills for up and coming performance mods :lol:

IMG_5563-1.jpg

VW MFD Sat Nav. Literally stereo sounds twice as good now thanks to the much more powerful amp in these. Also has the handy sat nav and I prefer the factory look inside. Literally took 20 mins to fit with the IPOD controller was soooo simple. :D

IMG_5564-1.jpg

This come today whilst at work so as I have no patience set about fitting it.

IMG_5585.jpg

Original airbox and stuff come out quickly :D

IMG_5586.jpg

IMG_5587.jpg

Then decided I wanted the duct pipe to go from the engine bay down into the gap behind the bumper to take advantage of the cold air from the vented grills. This meant removing the front bumper and passenger headlight, and the bit of plastic the standard airbox snorkel attaches too. Was more fiddley then difficult but managed to get the duct pipe where I want it sat above and behind the horn. Though you can't see it in the pics.

IMG_5588.jpg

IMG_5590.jpg

Then the finished article basically

IMG_5589.jpg

Noticeable improvements straight away and the car definatley pulls harder then before through out the rev range. Just need a revo stage 2 or equivelant to take advantage of the rest of the mods.

All I will say is that if there is an increased induction noise I certainly can't hear it over the full milltek exhaust hahahaha :D

Bit of an update....

The car then needed a new set of Rubber all round. Gone are the Falken FK-452's which were rubbish and were on the car when I purchased it.

In place are 4 new Toyo T1-R's and 4 wheel laser alignment as everything was out which come in at around £500! Twice the price of the G60 god damn 18" rims. However its like a different car to drive now, grip is phenominal compared to the Falkens.

I have now de-locked the car as the MK4 Golf is prone to easy break in's if you know how so least its a little safer now.

One for the cleaning buffs out there. As mine gets poop high from all the miles I do I decided to spend a decent amount of money on proper cleaning stuff. As I put so much Super Unleaded in her I have accumulated a silly amount of Nectar points so went and Purchased a K3.99 Karcher pressure washer and got £82 off it at Argos. I have then purchased this off cleanyourcar.co.uk

Karcher Snow foam lance

Super snow foam ( 5 litres)

Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner (5 Litres)

Meguiars Shampoo Plus (5 Litres)

Foam Wax Applicators

Chemical Guys - New Look Trim Gel

Chemical Guys - Blitz spray sealant

Chemical Guys - Wet mirror finish

Chemical Guys - XXX Hardcore Paste Wax

Chemical Guys - Wheel Guard

Clay Magic perfect finishing kit

Microfibre Wash Sponge

Der Wunder Towel Trio

Shag Pile Double Density Towels

Trim & Tyre Dressing Applicator

Meguiars APC bottle

Chemical Resistant Sprayer

Over the years I used so many different products but I have never managed to make my car gleam like the R32 does now. I'll have to get some pics when I next clean the car but its great fun to use.

Quick pic from phone after 5 min soak in snow foam its great fun to play with lol.

08042008164.jpg

Purchased these last weekend from Pomme. I'll be honest I really wanted a set of BBS LM's but wanted a wheel I could drive the car on everyday, sadly LM's are not an everyday wheel as the laquer peels off them too easily and they wouldn't take the abuse from the road grit/salt etc down this part of the world. So I decided on an equally good wheel that suits the R32. A set of BBS CH 19 X 8.5" all round. Now need to sort out coilovers and also intend to get a dieselgeek undertray to protect the R32 sump lol.

03052008209.jpg

Well these come this morning from a nice man at UPS. Went for FK Konigsport Silverline X coilovers which are some £550 cheaper then KW V3's as I couldn't justify spending the money on the KW's. I have used koni adjustables on all my Golfs and can't moan at the astonishing ride they give so hopefully these will be the same. I will be fitting them on saturday as getting tyres for the CH's on Friday :):)

13052008212.jpg

Coilies now fitted, many thanks to Lee for the help. TBF turned out a nice easy job to do weather was shit mind but didn't take us too long to do. Pics aren't brilliant as I took them with my phone though they shouldn't be that bad as it is 5.1 Megapixels.

Standard front's, suprising how big the front discs are with the wheels off :)

17052008214.jpg

In the process of taking off the ARB link, and hub. Chisel comes in hand to split the hub off the bottom of the suspension.

17052008215.jpg

Few essential tools and beer :lol:

17052008216.jpg

New bits fitted and torquing up the ARB link :) Hmmmm stainless coilover body.

17052008217.jpg

Front all done

17052008218.jpg

Tried removing the rear spring without spring compressors but it wasn't having none of it so gave in and used them in the end lol

17052008219.jpg

Then two bolts to undo to remove the rear shock, install new spring set height bolt new rear shock on and tighten up and job done. So simple really

17052008222.jpg

Daisy our other little helper eating the chocolate biscuits

17052008223.jpg

And a quick pic of it finished. Haven't gone mad its about 20mm lower at the front and about 20 ish mm at the rear needs to settle a bit. The ride is however amazing, its on the softest setting at the moment so much better then the standard car very happy with them. :D

17052008224.jpg

Little update, Dieselgeek undertray fitting. Honestly couldn't believe how well made it is, its so strong I think you could take the R32 off roading.

18052008225.jpg

Kit comes with mushroom rivets to mount into existing wholes in the subframe. Making it safe and secure to mount the undertray

18052008228.jpg

Same goes with the chassis legs then bolting these rather sturdy supports to it.

18052008227.jpg

Refitting all the plastic guards under the engine, which requires some cutting here and there to get to fit properly with the kit

18052008229.jpg

Mounting the tray

18052008230.jpg

18052008231.jpg

Then fitted the original R32 from air-dam and undertray which requires a bit of butchering to get to fit nicely. But now all fitted an no need to worry about destroying the sump. :)

Wheels on for the weekend TBF it looks so much better in real life, very pleased now :D

Photo's aren't the best as they were from my phone

IMG_5663.jpg

IMG_5664.jpg

IMG_5665.jpg

This is the pic I like the most the difference between standard ride height

IMG_5728.jpg

And the new ride heigh which is just about perfect although I have had to raise it ever so slightly

IMG_5666.jpg

Finally some pics from Volksfest. Hopefully gives you a better idea of how they fill they arches. Hope you all like.

IMG_5676.jpg

IMG_5680.jpg

IMG_5743.jpg

great post mate some seriously nice motors :)

whats the full closure thing and where can i get 1?

You can get them from awesome gti. They basically shut all the windows when you lock the car and sunroof etc. Also means you can open the windows on the key as well.