raced a mk5 r32

The Mk5 Haldex/4motion is slightly different to the Mk4. This system runs a electric pump to supply instant presure to the coupling, so instaed of waiting for wheelspin/slip it pedicts it and engages the 4wd before you pull away, so there will be slightly more transmisson losses than a vr but better traction, Also if the 4wd cant cope then esp will take over and back off engine torque,

Does that make sense?

Come on guys please. I was running a charged VR with nigh on 290hp and I still only just reeled in a MKVR. There isn't a chance a standard or cam'd VR will live with an MKIV or MKV R and i'm saying this from experience! ;)

Surely Jay has the most relevant point here, seeing as he has owned both :^)

Still an interesting topic though

were on about the mk5 but yea i dont disagree u can get a vr faster than the mk4 r32 but u have to spend money on it where u dont with the r32. if u spent the same amount on the r32 the performace gap would increase me finks

still the oldest model is not going to be able to live up to the latest one but was a ground breaker when released plus no matter which one u own u still get that growl!!

Yeah I think the point is that the mk5 R32 is def quicker 0-60 and in general.. The reason it was so close is because the mk5 owner wasn't using all his power to its full potential. By the sounds of it the mk5 R32 is the best 6 pot they have made so far

What makes it so much qwicker round the track? Light weight or that new rear axal?

I totally agree that around a track a mk5 r32 would make a vr look very silly indeed!

But in a straight line i am still not sure?

The orignal argument/discussion is would a r32 standard beat a vr with cams chip ex/airfilter,i think it would be close?

mk5 r32 4wd 250bhp and around 1500kg vs mk3 vr fwd 200+bhp and around 1220kg

i have raced / followed a mk5 R32 and there was no way i could keep up with it,

i was sat @ 140mph ( private run way officer) and he was jus pulling and pulling away till we got to the end and stopped at a round about , he giv me a nod and a thumbs up then shot out of site,