sub 5 seconds to 60

1999 model

big spoiler

and this will be the 4th one I've had.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your all on the ball today, another rice burner, scooby doo number 4 for me.

I'll take a photo tommorrow.

It's a WRX STi type R version 6 (2 door), 1999 on a V in dark mica blue with standard rear black windows.

I've had 2 uk spec scoobys (fast but not fast enough) and a WRX STi version 5 (4 door) (really quick) in the past, the uk models dont compare to this type R, the STi V5 was nearly the same but 2 extra doors more weight older looking interior and front, seats weren't as good neither and the type R has a diff control ( not that you'd need it in the real world). It's real noisey to travel in (4" zorst right through) but quick on the twist roads where I live.

Want to change the wheels, it has 16" 22B mag wheels which are a bit like anBBS cross spoke wheel which don't IMO suit the car, it needs 17"s or 18"s MOs or speedlines in white rather than gold which I dont like much either, though my last 2 scoobys had gold rims.

The P1 is a uk copy of the type R' date=' stupid.

[/quote']

thats harsh mate no need !!! :-(

Not harsh Ben, take it as your saying whats what when you dont know whats what.

Hope I didn't upset you too much. :-* ;) :-p 8-) (6)

Nice motor... You keepin the VR? Feel free to put some photos up of it regarless its a VR fourm room lol

Sold the VR last week m8, was a nice clean motor but got to move back to the scooby.

The scooby classic shape is the sort of car I cant get out of my system, it does everything well and the rush from the turbo is a drug, they fell small and flickable, the build quality aint up to VW standards, very cheap plastic interior parts, but then the VW aint up to the build quality of the BMW M3 I used to own.

actually' date=' at the risk of sounding like an anorak, the

j.d.m wrx sti v5, is the same lump as the p1, irrespective of 2 door or 4, still its a cool fast car, still doesnt sound like a vr tho...

[/quote']

A true anorak would know that a V6 type R has a group N close ratio box as standard. ;)

pics then...??

Sorry cant get the camera to transfer to the computer for some reason, got a pic on the phone but dont know how to get the pic to the computer either.

Going to find the drive for the camera and reload it so I can get some pics up.

The Impreza wheels today and it has 5x100 stud fitment as the VR does but a offset of 43mm.

22b is the only one worth having ' date=' and thats having owned a sti 555 , the proper mcrae spec one, roof scoop , water injection to intercooler, 276bhp standard.

to many chavs own them now, Evos on the other hand ........

[/quote']

All STi's have water spray, the V limited has roof vent and was a no thrills STi, 22B is ace if you can afford one or find one, they're more powerful than any other scooby, but not quicker as they are heavier so the power to wait ratio is less, the engines on the 22B are aparently not as strong as the close decked STi motors.

As for EVO's, been there and to be honest there aint a lot in it between the Evo and STi, down to personal taste, scooby is IMO smaller feeling and more flickable, the scooby sounds better and mine is a coupe which I like more.

My old Evo was the dearest car I've ever had to run, bad on fuel a service every 4500 miles and it chewed tyres. Scoobys are a bargain car while the Evo is more expensive to buy cause they are less common, it's all down to taste and the size of your wallet.