Picking up the VR6 replacement friday evening

Have you ever drove one rich' date=' I love driving them probally more than anyother car I've ever had.

[/quote']

oooh yeah!

99 wrx ver6

95 uk spec

53 new style wrx..

horrible interiors but handling/power is awesome..

only thing better to drive for me is lancia integrale - that is nigh on perfect to drive.

if you haven't driven one of those then do so asap...!!! :)

Never driven an Integrale but been a passenger in one in the early 90's, felt good then but it was new and I was used to a 1.6 Golf GTi at the time.

As for impreza's I've never like driving the newer shaped models, just the classics, I quite like the interior of my Sti it's on par with the VR6 I just sold, but with cheaper plastic. The evo 6 I had was good, quick and stopped well but never felt as nimble as the scooby does, if you get a scooby make it an import model, they're so much better than the uk models.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the type RA is the bomb mate' date='water injection as standard,they've got a serious drink problem though! lol.

[/quote']

The RA has no aircon, no electric windows, no electric mirrors, no sound proofing and other things missing so they are light and can be easily turned into a buy it off the shelf rally car.

The Type R has water injection as standard, climate/aircon electric windows and mirrors, sound proofing an adjustable diff controlled from the center console, lite weight bonnet, boot, doors and wings carbon front top brace and a lower front brace and rear brace, and all that lot are standard and the type R weighs 70kg less than th RA model. And it hasn't bettered 18mpg yet and I aint been thrashing it too much yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Well that didn't last long, the scooby proved to be unreliable and rather than an engine rebuild I sold it off, now am hunting for a German replacement, along the lines of something Dub orientated, Got to get some reliability back.

My last TT wasn't too bad Mike it was a 225 2000 X reg, it had had the clock changed and new calipars before I bought it, could have been expensive for me if I had to have done the work or paid for the work to be done. Best bit with the TT is the MPG and I'll be qualified to give hair cuts and perms. LOL