• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks a tidy MK1, take me back to the 80's when I had my first one,

Not exactally as it left the factory though, now I'm being an anorak, but the driver wiper arm looks to be missing the triangler metal wind deflecting spoiler.

I bet it's been welded or had a repair patch added to where the clutch cable goes through the bulk head, they all go there, every one I had did and they weren't very old car at the time.

Does the OBC still work ?

cheers everybody - i was well chuffed to find one this tidy. have been looking for a while though,

and found this one only 15 miles from where i live!! result!! :)

mmm' date=' lovin the old(er) skool richie.. Are you keepin it real? or tinkerin with add ons? :)

[/quote']

it will remain essentially as it is. MAYBE will get suspenson and wheels?

I bet it's been welded or had a repair patch added to where the clutch cable goes through the bulk head' date=' they all go there, every one I had did and they weren't very old car at the time.

Does the OBC still work ?

[/quote']

nope!! :-d not even welded by the clutch cable!!!! :-p

and yes the mfa does work, apart from random oil temp readings... :-( but that will get sorted soon.

To move off topic slightly would you be able to get the handling sorted on a mk 1 vr6 conversion just wondered as i know a lot of people say they handle like shit ,but surely you could get it well sorted.Thoughts ?

took some decent piccies as the sun was out today, thought i'd get some shots as it was when i got it, before the massive clean up starts!!

1214173367_594_FT236257_1_.jpg

must loose the dodgy rear spoiler..

1214173367_594_FT236257_2_.jpg

1214173367_594_FT236257_3_.jpg

engine bay - filthy... must get cleaning.. mental note - no polishing!!

1214173367_594_FT236257_4_.jpg

nice tidy sills, bit of surface grot at the front but all solid as you like...no rot in the doors either.. :)

1214173367_594_FT236257_5_.jpg

front on..

1214173367_594_FT236257_6_.jpg

need to get rid of the rear spoiler as i hate it, but it's bolted on through the bootlid :S may have to get another one for it.. and still undecided whether to keep the 4 lamp grill or put on the brand new genuine 2 lamper i have in the garage..... ???? but as you can see - she is a little minter (apart from the interior which is baaaad.. :-( )

and i did a quick pshop with the vr's D90's on it....

1214173822_594_FT236257_d90_.jpg

may have to treat the vr to some (more) new rims, or get a set of 7" all round d90's for this one.....

new pica are nice' date=' i agree about the rear spoiler, d90's would look good , but mk1 owners rarely go with them?

[/quote']

Probaly more because there 5 stud porsha fitment.... Looking realy nice tho, Good condition. As you say its hard about the twin lights as they both look good.... recon keep it twin for abit and when you get bored sway over to single

You going to keep the archs and strips on it? Thinkin about doing anythink with the bumpers?

Can I be abit cheeky and ask how much it set you back?

d90's would look good ' date=' but mk1 owners rarely go with them?

[/quote']

probably because they are 16's and way too big for a mk1..

may have to try and get some 15" lecastellets from a rivage cabrio as they look very similar...

You going to keep the archs and strips on it? Thinkin about doing anythink with the bumpers?

Can I be abit cheeky and ask how much it set you back?

yep arches and stripes definately staying and bumpers too.

it's gonna be totally stock looking, maybe maybe with some coils and nice rims.

that will be it though. lower and wheels is all it needs.

he says.

hmmmmm... :-p

and you can be cheeky, but i won't tell you.

lets just say, not a lot..

oh yeah - i've always loved mk1's..

had 2 when i was 19/20 and aways wanted a mars red one...

managed quite a good deal really - sam sold her gti and i spent the money on a mk1.. result!! :-p

you coming down my way anytime soon aimeeeeeee??

so its thanks to sam you've got it then? lol!

was planning on coming down for july tidy as iv not been down in aaaaaages!! but the clutch is slipping on the golf, so depending on how that is nearer the time (a long trip to bournemouth probably not being too wise) and when it can be done at stealth depends on if i come down i guess! :(

Keep the twin light grill as it's a standard part for your car, the small rear light had the single light grill.

Looks a good clean car for it's age richie, keep it original and it should go up in value in the future.