Clay, is it as good as the box says it is.

Has anybody tried Meguiars clay and the 3 part polishing system , if you read the box and bottles is sounds the bolox.

Things that put me off is, no one I know has used it.

the cost if you buy everything the say you need to do the job proper

how often you would need to do it to keep it looking good

the time it would take to do the complete car in one hit

Any opinions on this or recommended other polishes will be spot on.

Have used the Clay block and if used as said, it is the bolox, Never used the 3 Part polishing system, But use the Gold class wax instead which is REALY GOOD!!!! It does take an absolute age to do the clay block properly though, but well worth it. The metal polish is crap though.

The shine did last for a while, But once done its so easy to run the quick detailer or Gold glass wax round again. Its amazing how much crap the clay block removes from the paintwork. Also the gold class polish goes on clear so it doesn't show up all the stone chips like other polish's

the clay in this kit is very easy to use and leaves a great finish. the 3 stage kit is good but your best replacing stage 3 with a more durable wax. it tends not to last anywhere near as long as other waxes from collinite, poorboys etc. but yeh the clay is well worth getting if you havent done it before

yep, what everyone else said, the claybar is good stuff! i normally use that and then go over the car with techwax and it comes up really well, the paints really smooth and shiny. Have the intention of using another wax to finish it off but my arms can't be bothered by that point!

depends on the state of it, keep rubbing until the clay is dirty, need it around abit to get a clean piece and repeat until its not getting dirty in that area anymore, if you lightly run your hand across the paint you will notice it start to feel slicker and smoother

T-cut is more abrasive and is to remove oxidised paint and minor swirls. Clay removes just bonded contaminants like tree sap, bird lime, overspray etc, the worst offender is just dirt from the road, especially if you park on a busy road and its constantly getting road spray on it

How long does a bar of clay last, or in other words how many times can you wash your car with it till it is no more, or how many bars to a car ?

Whats the best polish, the wet look polimar polish or the liquid gold ?

Some people think the use of clay is just a simple quick squirt of detailer and then a rub with the clay, I've seen so many poor attempts that have introduced marring which you'll never remove unless its hit with a G220 or orbital.

My tip before you even attempt to do any moderate renovation work to your paintwork is to really do your research. Have a good browse on Detailing World before you do any damage you cannot rectify.

How long does a bar of clay last' date=' or in other words how many times can you wash your car with it till it is no more, or how many bars to a car ?

Whats the best polish, the wet look polimar polish or the liquid gold ?

[/quote']

you dont wash the car with it, you use it like wet and dry sandpaper with quick detailer spray as lubricant, the clay will last untill you cant find anymore clean areas, mine lasted 2 years before I bought a new one.

Shine wise your best off using a polymer sealant like autoglym egp, then a carnuba wax like collinite

the sealent makes the paint look deep and the wax makes it look wet, so the both combind looks really good.

But as has been said do your research on detailing world as there is alot of absolute crap out there, promising allsorts and never delivering

for a starting point try autoglym super resin polish (it will hide small scrathes and swirls) then autoglym extra gloss protection ontop, followed by p21s carnuba wax ontop of that to finish. All easy to use with really good results when done properly

Then once youve been on detailing world, you will get the bug and start spending alot more money on fancier potions I bet!! :)

ah right' date=' so it can do as much damage a good. I am getting the car apinted in a month, so it probably would not be worth doing to new paint ?

[/quote']

nah no point, leave the new paint a month so it can fully cure, then seal and wax it.

I had a full respray at xmas, you can beat fresh paint!!

mate t cut actually removes fine layers of the clearcoat, clay just removes bonded contaminants from the surface. leaves the surface smoother and better prepped for then applying polishes sealants and waxes.. clay and abrasive polishes are two completely different products..