I know I aint got a dub anymore, but I got no luck anymore either, the scooby spun a big end shell last night and locked solid. The mechanic had it to bits today and found the problem.

I called out the AA last night and they came out and checked, then called a local garage to come and low loader it home, the Frankenstein type recovery driver then winched the scooby up the truck bed and rolled it back down to straighten it up and scrapped the front passengers wheel along the metal edge of the trailer and pulled the paint off and chewed the metal rim up. I told him before the wheel made contact, it was getting close, but he just kept on the same course, then he caught the rear wheel rim on the trailer bed anchor point and chewed that rim as well. As annoying as it is what makes it more annoying is the driver didn't care, and the wheels were new on last saturday and only been 20 miles or so, the wheels annoyed me more than the big end shells.

Rang the AA today and made a complaint, they are sending me a complaint and compensation form to fill in then they will deside if I have a case for my wheels.

I want either 2 new wheels or all 4 wheels refurbed, I know I would only need 2 wheels refurbed but the colour may not match so all 4 refurbed would make sure all wheels matched.

yikes, how much is the engine work likely to set you back? is this the first problem youve had with a scooby cus you said they were pretty reliable to me?

the wheels thing would annoy me! if there both on the same side then you wont notice a slight shade in paint, bar stewards hope you get some compensation.

i had a bmw driver park right on a corner the other day and i ended up mountin a curb just to get past him and scraped one of my bbs aloys just as im about to sell them!

Scoobys are reliable but I'm unlucky I suppose, first scooby out of 4 that has given any trouble, the AA geeza said it was the firs scooby he's ever been to that was broke, usually they go to scoobys with flat batteries.

• 2 weeks later...

Well that didn't last long, the scooby proved to be unreliable and rather than an engine rebuild I sold it off, now am hunting for a German replacement, along the lines of something Dub orientated, Got to get some reliability back.