sold the syncro, new toy is on its way!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jake x is currently on one of the vans' date=' and the original plate is stayin on the mk2 for now..

Having a few teething probs at the moment, but were gettin there slowly.. jim, i'll take u up on that, and any1 else for a laugh! evry1 who knows me, will understand my obscene addiction to the drag strip :)

[/quote']

the cab will be there too just for a laugh lol .... but do i get a head start lol

The more the merrier Tony!

Patrick, your always gonna be messin with me fella, goin back to the silverstone days when you where runnin the vortech charger! we got sum unfinished business aint we ;)

i think i may have forgotten how to drive a fast car anyway.. currently i know the best way to leave a puff of blue smoke and thats about it !

Thanks JK!

Here are the latest..

the important bit is in.. i personally love the custom front cross member!

DSC00567.jpg

solid front mount

DSC00569.jpg

Rotrex all the way baby :)

DSC00570.jpg

DSC00571.jpg

DSC00572.jpg

DSC00477-2-1.jpg

dont reakon it'll be ready for sat at coombe tho.. and maybe not even the club show *-)

what kit is it mate?

do you keep the aircon pump?

im probably gonna end up with rotrex stage 1 which is 475 hp including low comp pistons

im gonna follow this thread carefully

• 2 weeks later...

:) it will when it eventually gets on the road..? got me leathers now with a HUUUUUGE BIG THANK YOU to Ricky! it was so good to meet you and the lads at the club show on saturday, Top Man! Thanks for also sortin me out with the dash and extra's.. i reakon you almost got shared in the car now with the entire interior from your old beastie!

The kit is Storm's very own rotrex charger, with aircon pump removed to make way for the blower. I just love the way it sits down out of the way with only the noise to tell!

The delay has been with the intercooler and some hoses, which all parts are new, and the build is using new everything so in theory the car should be as though its rolled out of the factory. well thats the look were going for anyways!

We are also having a few issues with the seat runners, whichthe previous owner had completely cut out of the floor pan, front and rear, leaving a little bit of an issue on a: fixing of the new seats and b: structurally causing a potential issue with the chassis strength. This is our main concern with applying 450odd bhp through an 18 year old car would stress even the best built of cars...

anyway, time goes on, and car completion draws slowly nearer... :)

ah fuck it then' date=' im going to come down in my 1.8 8v and out drive the lot of you LOL

Sparks, you must have somthink silly to compeat with this?

Vr sick what rotrex is that? Is it that new even bigger one they just brought out?

[/quote']

Now that would be telling!! What i will say is that i now have these to stop me!!

blackhighline027.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Had a good look at your new setup Jake when I was at Storm on Tuesday, its certainly getting there!

do you have to dump the aircon pump on the mk4??

Yeah have to ditch the A/C on both the MK4s and 5s. After seeing the pulley and idler setup to get the charger as on the MK3 I can see why though!

Had a good look at your new setup Jake when I was at Storm on Tuesday, its certainly getting there!

Yeah, its getting there... slowy :( definately made progress from the shell that it was in the beginning, but its hard to keep focussed on the end result, driving the work vans day in , day out, clocked up 1449 miles last week :)

Now I'm having withdrawal symptoms, having now gone cold turkey vr styleeee :) i'm beginning to enjoy the sweeet sweeeeet smell of diesel fumes and burnin the midnight oil..Oh so wrong..:(

• 3 weeks later...

ok, its been awhile so here's an update..

dumped the 1st project.. there was far too many issues with the wiring that had been cut about and seat runners had also been removed, causing major safety issues with both re welding new ones on and obtaining the said new items!, we contemplated removing them from one of the other mk2 shells but with the poor state of the wiring called it a day.

So a brief word of advice to any1 who wants to buy a pre stripped shell. be prepared for the worst..

Anyways.. a whole complete new car purchased..bringing the mk2 total to 2 complete cars, 1 shell and a complete interior..

The new shell was already a vr converted beastie so with a few adjustments the 3.2 engines now in, and its running..

Storm have a few more tweeks for the guys to finish, the mappping, and hopefully by the end of the month, we'll be back in business..

will get sum pics up as soon as i get a chance to stop working and see it myself!

Im still going down that route...just not as quick as i had hoped!! oh' date=' and jake, they are 10 pots for the record!! ;)

[/quote']

So whats happenin then sparks? Is your beast munchin asphalt arleady?? 10 pots..

OMGG your tyres must be squared off by now!!

Thats gotta be near a G your pullin when you stop? :)

Has ur project got a build thread? i keep hearing bits and bobs through the grape vine!