How much HP with 9 psi?

lol i can't imagine how much fun i would have if i had the same power as kevhaywire. Is there any car that you lost to? or had a close race with? cmon tell us some stories!

LOL. I don't go round baiting for races' date=' but I do take issue with berks tailgating me and generally driving like a knobber behind me. Thing is, in a day and age where silly diesel hatchbacks and 1 series BMWs seem to need 245/40/18" tyres, when they're behind my 15 year old VW, wearing skinny 205 tyres and sporting a monstrous 2.5" tailpipe, they assume I'm easy pickings. Wrong :-) I dunno, I just like being the under dog waiting to attack unsuspecting, cocky reps.

Anyway, my 2 favourite races so far:-

1) Driving down the A14 past Cambridge when a Porsche 996 Carrera S attachs itself to my bumper, doing that swerving thing trying to see round me. So the car in front moves over and I plant it from 70mph and kept the pedal in the carpet until an indicated 135mph, then thought about a spell in prison and backed off. Porker man fell back 3 or 4 car lengths immediately and never caught up :-)

2) Joining the A120 off the A12 when some complete dick wad in a new shape M3 deciced he'd try and undertake me on the slip road. Err, I don't think so, pal. So we joined the A120 side by side flat out. He fell back when I slotted 5th in and I slowed down at 150 and let him pass as that's where his limiter is :-) Feckin fast those V8 M3s, watch out! Not fast enough to beat a VRT though.....and the best thing? I still have another 30 odd psi on tap :-)

[/quote']

hahaha you beat a 60k M3. Imagine how da poor lad was feeling after that. I see why you don't bother with type-r's lol. But im assuming evo fq 360 and sti's will be faster than you from 0 to 60 right? because of their 4 wheel drive launch?

I have absolutely no interest in 0-60. It's not a real world yard stick. In gear acceleration is the man's way to measure grunt :-). 0-60s are purely down to launch, traction, revs and weight. An 1800 Elise can destroy a lot of things in a 0-60 because it's light, but it has no midrange torque, so gets beaten by diesels on the dual carriageway! Same with VTECs. No torque, but low weight and schitt loads of revs and low gearing gives it a good 0-60.

Evos and Subarus. They would annihilate me on cross country B roads. That is their preferred hunting ground and what they're setup for. Corrados and Golfs are straight line weapons :-) As good as our trusty cars are, you have to know and accept their limits as the shopping cars they are behind the power.

My mate's FQ 360 can do things that are physically impossible to do in a VW - *any* VW.

Make no mistake, if you come up against a Evo 9 on a twisty section of B road and the driver is wanting a play.....let him win for gawd's sake, or you'll end up in the ditch :-) Our VW's are strictly an 8/10ths car. The Evo is an 11 and 12/10ths car I'm afraid.

yeah they are amazing round the twistys, no two ways about it. the evo especialy ..i would own one if i had the money and could afford the expensive parts.. subaru's just dont do it for me and are just to common.

I have absolutely no interest in 0-60. It's not a real world yard stick. In gear acceleration is the man's way to measure grunt :-). 0-60s are purely down to launch' date=' traction, revs and weight. An 1800 Elise can destroy a lot of things in a 0-60 because it's light, but it has no midrange torque, so gets beaten by diesels on the dual carriageway! Same with VTECs. No torque, but low weight and schitt loads of revs and low gearing gives it a good 0-60.

Evos and Subarus. They would annihilate me on cross country B roads. That is their preferred hunting ground and what they're setup for. Corrados and Golfs are straight line weapons :-) As good as our trusty cars are, you have to know and accept their limits as the shopping cars they are behind the power.

My mate's FQ 360 can do things that are physically impossible to do in a VW - *any* VW.

Make no mistake, if you come up against a Evo 9 on a twisty section of B road and the driver is wanting a play.....let him win for gawd's sake, or you'll end up in the ditch :-) Our VW's are strictly an 8/10ths car. The Evo is an 11 and 12/10ths car I'm afraid.

[/quote']

i agree almost entirely fella apart from any vw not being as capable on a broad as a scoob/evo etc my mate owns an sti with 330 hp i took him out in my underpowered r32 with chassis mods and he was blown away by it. hes driven evos porsches some serious weapons and reckoned mine is pretty much as quick as anythin on a b road

Yean an R32 stands a better chance but it still wouldn't beat an Evo 9, assuming the driver's have equal ability and both giving it their all.

Sorry, but the Evo's 4WD system is in a completely different league to VW's! No offense intended, but the Haldex is far too basic to trouble the Evo's active centre diff and yaw control.

As for scoobs, agreed, very common and most of their owners haven't got a clue how to drive them, plus they put up with the car's inbuilt understeer instead of sorting it, LOL!

But I was thinking more along the lines of P1s and Spec Cs, Type 25s etc etc.... the PROPER Subarus :-D