Fully synthectic oil for Vr's

Gonna do an oil change on the vr and my best friend who is a mac recommended fully synthetic oil as he says the car has low miles and that would be the correct way to go. I have used the VW syntha silver on my previous vr so not too sure about full synthetic?? Any suggestions....

Thanks in advance :)

mine seemed to guzzle fully syn oil big time' date=' how about synta gold, nice and cheap from TPS

[/quote']

iirc synta gold is 5-40 too mate

fully synth semi synth or mineral doesnt directly relate to the thickness of the oil ie 0-40 5-40 10-40 etc it just tends to be that fully synth is usually thinner than semi synth

mine seemed to guzzle fully syn oil big time' date=' how about synta gold, nice and cheap from TPS

[/quote']

iirc synta gold is 5-40 too mate

fully synth semi synth or mineral doesnt directly relate to the thickness of the oil ie 0-40 5-40 10-40 etc it just tends to be that fully synth is usually thinner than semi synth

I used to use fuchs 10-40 fully syn, but went back to synta silver as it really does seem to best the best option, for mine anyway

tbh when ever i sold oil for vr6's if a customer hasnt requested 10w40 then ive recommended synta gold 5w40 both are within the spec list for a vr6 engine i had a giant quantum wall chart at work with all what oils went into what but for some odd reason management binned it and i cant find anything with any information on pre 99 cars now.

Tbh its really dependant on the condition of the engine ie higher mileage's will have less tolerence for thinner fully syntheic oil

put it this way some 2.8 4 motions mk4's are on long like service schedule which is even thinner spec oil 5w30 longlife from factory

ive only stuck 5w40 synta gold in my vr6

ps i work for tps staff discount rocks :)