Help please!! I am very confused, symptoms need diagnosis!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys wonder if anyone has any suggestions?? i have a p reg vr6 and i love it to bits, best car ive ever had. last week or so been running rough, the odd backfire, low revs power loss and lumpy power, thought it might have been coil pack or crank sensor, but then last night the header tank boiled over and coolant pissed out... drove it to get new tyres on today as i had booked the appointment and water temp warning came on, checked coolant and there was none in header, filled up with coolant and let her run a bit, after bleeding and seems to be bubbling in header tank still but temp is fine? no mayo on dipstick or round filler cap, no steam from exhaust just a little water, no oil loss, fan seems not to be coming on and before i bled the coolant top rad pipe was hot , bottom cold, now both are hot together? dont think its head gasket as i still pulled 100 mph on the way home uphill? please please please help!!! thanks...

for the lumpy running check whether u r getting good sparks to all cylinders then try swapping leads/plugs around to diagnose the problem b4 u get a new coilpack as they aint cheap.

as far as the coolant goes the light indicates low coolant level not high temp so would make sense it coming on if the header tank was empty, leak could be anywhere in the system so its a case of examining the whole thing... i was leaking coolant slowly (litre per month odd) for ages b4 i worked out it was the radiator:/

as far as the coolant goes the light indicates low coolant level not high temp so would make sense it coming on if the header tank was empty' date=' leak could be anywhere in the system so its a case of examining the whole thing... i was leaking coolant slowly (litre per month odd) for ages b4 i worked out it was the radiator:/

[/quote']

I thought it did both. Steady on for low coolant. Flashing if too hot.

Apart from the on going bubbles in the expansion tank it might be as simple as a stuck thermostat. which would explain both the boiling and lack of cooling fan as the hot water isn't getting to the rad.

well im pretty sure that u r more knowledgeable than me so i guess that u r correct here:)

I wouldn't say that. No doubt someone will come along and put us straight.

well im pretty sure that u r more knowledgeable than me so i guess that u r correct here:)

I wouldn't say that. No doubt someone will come along and put us straight.

My mk2 worked like that, well as afar as I can remember lol....