the futre of motorspot/petrol engined cars

just a thought,oil prices skyrocketing/oil running out and the government hell bent on shafting anyone that's into cars.will motorspot die out? coz lets face it part of the fun is the noise performace petrol engined cars make,could you honestly imagine an electric powerd rally car?? :S |-)

Not when alot of race teams are sponsored by oil companies, few tankers of fuel given to a race team per year, that costs the actual fuel/oil company nothing compared to in return they get millions of pounds worth of worldwide high profile advertising

2007-ford-focus-wrc.jpg

F20064002b.jpg

moto-gp-1.jpg

39003273_dbf9b35111.jpg?v=0

_j7g3738-8x10.jpg

No it wont die. The LMS and AMLS series to name but one/two all have cars which are being used to develop alternate fuel sources. Bio fuels for example...

If you want to know more have a look on line the companies that are racing them are keen to advertise what they are doing. There are drag cars/rally cars/ race cars/ sports cars (even a GT2 Aston but keep it quiet)......

Never fear even if a solar car was developed I am sure we would progress to silly speeds as the technology and materials develop. Have you seen the accross Australia race where they just run on solar power. the cars have progressed from only just making it up a hill to being able top crusie now - in relative terms. Not bad in 5 or so years... Oil companies are financing it also now

You have to remember there is always someone who wants to go faster on/in everything.... Don't you???? :D

If you want to make your fortune. Keep a close eye on the technology. It is coming it is just a case of when....

Apparently in the future (could be 2012) F1 cars are to be diesel powered :^)

Before WW1 a car was invented which ran on water, well probally a steam car that had performance far greater than any thing mad to that date, it was ment to be in performance terms simular to a DB7 Aston Martin, but it had it's pattent bought by a oil company and they just put a lid on it so they could sell their oil/petrol.

In the 60's a chemical was invented and made into a tablet form that when mixed with the correct amount of water could be used to power a petrol engined car, this too was bought by an oil company so they could stop it's developement and sell more of their oil/petrol.

Apparently in the future (could be 2012) F1 cars are to be diesel powered :^)

Before WW1 a car was invented which ran on water' date=' well probally a steam car that had performance far greater than any thing mad to that date, it was ment to be in performance terms simular to a DB7 Aston Martin, but it had it's pattent bought by a oil company and they just put a lid on it so they could sell their oil/petrol.

In the 60's a chemical was invented and made into a tablet form that when mixed with the correct amount of water could be used to power a petrol engined car, this too was bought by an oil company so they could stop it's developement and sell more of their oil/petrol.

[/quote']

hmm,interesting.greedy capatalist bees! :@

oh and i just noticed i left the R out of motorsport on my 1st post

i also think that this new road tax increase is just another snide government ploy to screw even more money out of us 'petrol heads',they claim it's to save the environment blah blah blah,well i've got two words; CATALYTIC CONVERTOR which converts 80% of the hydrocarbons(bad suff) into steam,i've heard a few stories of folk trying commit harry karry by the old hosepipe to tailpipe method and not succeeding due to the fumes not being poisonous enough! lol.