Santa Pod Gate Crash

How you all doing,

Every year now for the last three years i have been going to Santa Pod for the ultimate BMW day normally held in September.

This year however my lovely E30 M3 Cabrio with its M5 engine (pictures below :-( ) is no longer available as i have sold it to a friend and replaced it with my VR6 Cabrio. The only other day i have attended at Santa Pod is the Jap show day.

All i want to know is for those on here who attend Santa Pod on a regular basis, do you think if i go in my VR6 on the BMW day, i will be able to run my car or will it be a BMW day exclusive only.

Reason why i ask is when i onwed my BM, couple of my mates in VWs promised to come to Santa Pod on the day and as they put it, "show the BMW boys how it is done". This included a VW with a TT engine, Two 1.8 turbo's MK2, fully tuned, one 1.8 turbo'ed Rallye, a Supercharged rallye, a superchrged polo and a supercharged VR6 and to my suprise three of them turned up in a 5 series BMW lol.

This year i am either having the mick taken out of me, or have scared a couple mates with what they refer to as my hair dressers car. I have been told to come to the Pod in my VR6 and see if i can run it. My car is standard, i have given it a full service and changed the leads, and drilled a couple holes in the air box lol. what are my chances?

In about three weeks i will be able to post up some pictures of my VR cabrio hopefully looking this good. :)

IMG_3183-1.jpg

IMG_2874-1.jpg

IMG_2873-1.jpg

IMG_2872-1.jpg

Untitled-7-1.jpg

B2AS0010.jpg

B2AS0009.jpg

_P6L9317-1.jpg

_P6L9180.jpg

_P6L9149.jpg

A video of my first run on a drag strip at Santa Pod, very poor lol, for a 3.6litre.

th_patm3ve36m3.jpg

Yes it is my exhaust making all that noise!!!

By the way if you wonder what my friends are driving the cars consist of all E30's, 325i, 2.7 alpina, 2.7 twin turbo, V8, and then obviously the other cars that will be there. when i go if i get a chance to run on the strip i will defo get some vids to post up to show hopefully some wins and losses lol.

solely depends on the organisers. All the VW shows I've been to have been VW sprints only and stated as such in the show info. BMs have been turned away.

Your best bet would be to go on a run what ya brung day ( www.rwyb.com ) when any make can go down the strip. Be aware that in a cabby you will need a helmet.

solely depends on the organisers. All the VW shows I've been to have been VW sprints only and stated as such in the show info. BMs have been turned away.

Your best bet would be to go on a run what ya brung day ( www.rwyb.com ) when any make can go down the strip. Be aware that in a cabby you will need a helmet.

Thats what i was thinking but one of my mates reckons that coming up to the end of the day, around 4pm they might allow me to go on the track.

I must admit the BMW day is one of the smallest events at present at Santa Pod. i think a run what ya brung day would be perfect.

How have you done in your VR6?

vid doewsnt work for me mate very nice motor btw what times did you run with it?

you can try the vr on the beemer day iv seen evos on vag days at least the vr is german lol

My best time was a 15.10 run, which i think is bad for a car kicking out 315bhp and 267lbs of torque. even a couple of my mates had a go in my car, but could not get anything better than 15 secs, and they claimed to be experts. Some people were saying maybe because its a cabrio its a heavier car, plus the hardtop.

Dont know if it makes any difference, but my clutch was slipping, and on one run i done 21 secs with the car smoking all the way down the track, as it would not go into gear with the clutch slipping lol, think i got that vid somewhere to.

Also i had an overheating problem, and those santa pod drag strip queues can go on for a bit, so i dont know if i never had these two problems if the car would have preformed any better, as i am a bit of a novice.

I have reuploaded video again let me know if it works thanks

15.6 @ 90 = no where near 315 hp something is deffo very wrong there mate a stock vr6 will beat that i was getting high 14s in mine when it was 220 hp with 92-95 mph terminal speeds

now its 320 hp i run high 13s (13.6 being my best) at 102-105 mph speed did you ever get it on a rr?

15.6 @ 90 = no where near 315 hp something is deffo very wrong there mate a stock vr6 will beat that i was getting high 14s in mine when it was 220 hp with 92-95 mph terminal speeds

now its 320 hp i run high 13s (13.6 being my best) at 102-105 mph speed did you ever get it on a rr?

Yeah it was my first time also at the rr' date=' they said there machine reads a little under so it should be aorund the 315bhp mark, but like i said i did have overheating problems, a dodgy clutch, and starter, not that this should have affected the performance, her is my graph: Sorry got my figures a bit wrong, 310.5bhp and 263lbs of torque.

[img']http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c245/bajandaan/bhp1-1.jpg

"a couple mates with what they refer to as my hair dressers car."

not a hair dressers mate lol ..... they will be suprised trust me i know lol

oh and nice bm fella

Thanks about the BM wish i never had to sell but the maintenance was just to much, everytime the bonnet opened a mechanic wanted £500, plus i had a string of bad luck with it.

About the cabrio, i know mate, already have some of my mates in a panic lol, thats why they want me to go to Santa Pod. From what i am reading looks like if i get a chance to run mychances might be good. :)

know wo tu mean witht he bad luck mate lol

lucky im a mechanic lol

they should be good mate .... or like me stick a charger on it even more fun then lol

You should not tell someone like me your a mechanic, i might start stalking you lol, since you have the ultimate version to my car, and start putting loads of money in your pocket, which is a good thing.

I have my mates edging me on to get a charger, the to makes they recommend are Lysholm & i think the other is Bahn Bremmer or something like that, they reckon i will get upto around 300bhp how true this is i dont know, but at a cost of £1500 to £3000 a little out of my budget at the moment maybe next year or something.

What has you Charger set you back?

If your clutch was slipping SURLY thats the reason you didn't get a good 1/4 mile time. That was one dam fine BM u had!!! Do you miss the 4 wheel drive?

I miss the Rear wheel drive, but i know this is going to sound silly i actually prefer the VR front whel driv. my BM was a nightmare in the rain, and because i spent so much money on the BM, i hardly drove it, I was to afraid something would go wrong, it spent most of its live in a lock up, hence the sale.

Maybe one day i will go back, but for now i am going to get my full pleasure out of the VR. I am really enjoying my VR and i can drive it as hard as possible and dont have to worry about the back kicking out.

lucky im a mechanic lol

they should be good mate .... or like me stick a charger on it even more fun then lol

You should not tell someone like me your a mechanic' date=' i might start stalking you lol, since you have the ultimate version to my car, and start putting loads of money in your pocket, which is a good thing.

I have my mates edging me on to get a charger, the to makes they recommend are Lysholm & i think the other is Bahn Bremmer or something like that, they reckon i will get upto around 300bhp how true this is i dont know, but at a cost of £1500 to £3000 a little out of my budget at the moment maybe next year or something.

[/quote']

well i got a second hand charger and put a stage two kit on it and now have 280 bhp .... im using a vf v9 charger there are a few out there but i like the vf v9 ... they do come up now and then second hand just keep ur eyes open mate .... oh and if u want anything doin for a few reddies then let me know lol always on the out look for beer money lol

lucky im a mechanic lol

You should not tell someone like me your a mechanic' date=' i might start stalking you lol, since you have the ultimate version to my car, and start putting loads of money in your pocket, which is a good thing.

[/quote']

well i got a second hand charger and put a stage two kit on it and now have 280 bhp .... im using a vf v9 charger there are a few out there but i like the vf v9 ... they do come up now and then second hand just keep ur eyes open mate .... oh and if u want anything doin for a few reddies then let me know lol always on the out look for beer money lol

Will do and thanks, going to get all the little bits sorted first then i will work on my interior and engine for next year, as soon as i am ready i will let you know and drop some beer money your way :)

Did you have to re-con the charger?

and what part of kent/medway are you in, am in wainscott.

Patvr6, last time around we saw a lot of cars that wernt bm,s so i do not think you will any trouble runing. plus you are famous (sp) part of custom cars and front page perfromance bmw mag, that should help, no?

and what part of kent/medway are you in' date=' am in wainscott.

Patvr6, last time around we saw a lot of cars that wernt bm,s so i do not think you will any trouble runing. plus you are famous (sp) part of custom cars and front page perfromance bmw mag, that should help, no?

[/quote']

LOL, Famous far from it.

and what part of kent/medway are you in' date=' am in wainscott.

[/quote']

no mate didnt re con it just bolted it on and had a laugh eva since lol

u really near me then im on cliffewoods lol am i rite ur car is photoed at medway city estate ???

wow, you are right took the pics just pass the BP/mac'ds lol. cliffwoods? that means you use hollywood lane thats where iam, just by the speed camera.

if you ever see me out and about toot/beep loud as you can and i will stop for a quick chat and maybe go out for a spin in the supercharged.