[poll] Which Engine Mounts? Mk3 VR6

I currently have the VibraTechnics Fast Road engine mounts in my car, the rear two seem to have failed and are causing more movement than stock mounts. Now i want to upgrade the mounts before i go out and purchase a Supercharger (probably the VF Stage 1).

Now i am not sure which to go with, just replace the rear two with two new Fast Road mounts from VibraTechnics or go with something else.

Harshness doesn't bother thats why i have listed the VibraTechnics Competition mounts as well ;)

If you vote can you say why you choose what you did and what your experience is, thanks! :)

VT are the origional option and they suggest the following:-

"got my quote from Vibra and thier recomendations were as follows:

We make both Fast Road and Competition mounts but some people prefer to use Comp mounts on the road - and put up with the extra harshness. However what we have found is that VR6 is not too harsh with a Comp front mount. Stealth regularly fit Comp front mounts to VR6's. Therefore we would suggest using a Comp front mount (especially in view of the mod you are intending to carry out) with Fast Road mounts at the rear and gearbox end. Part Nos. and prices for Mk3 mounts : -

Font mount VAG960MX £137.09

RH Rear mount VAG885M £65.67

LH G/Box mount VAG875m £67.16

Prices are plus carriage and VAT

Some people suggest only the rear needs changing however it is mounted to the subframe it can induce harshness into the car, if a full comp is fitted here!

So your suggestion would be to change the "core" of my VT Fast Road mount for a Comp spec one and buy two new Fast Road mounts?

How have you found it with the VF charger, did you ever think maybe the VF mounts would be better suited to the VF charger?

I did think about the VF ones. At the time I got a much better deal on the Vibra ones. (as a Premium memeber you get 15% discounts)

As with all things some people like one more than the other. So far I have no issues with my set up at all. I did not go for the competition on sub-frame as I did not want to introduce the harshness into the car.

I spoke to their technical team when choosing the correct type and the information above is an extract from their email to me,

I hope it helps

Theres a chap on the mk2vr6 owners forum (also advrtises on ebay) who makes solid mounts for various cars and their respective engine conversions, got a solid front mount for my mk2vr, nice bit of kit for about 40 quid. i dont think it made any difference regarding noise and vibration, mines a stripped mk2 so its got plenty of squeeks and rattles anyway. hope this helps....

I use Vibratechnics competition front, fast road rear and fast road gearbox. For a daily road car I find that works well. If you want more trans noise, fit the competition box mount, it also improves the gearshift a LOT!

I love the Vibra mounts, they are the perfect compromise of stifness and refinement.