Nurburgring April 2009 (Easter)

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nero1701

Anyone want a co-pilot seat!!!!

My mates dropped out off all contact and its just me and the wife!!!

she refuses to go round the ring!!!!!

I'll do the driving from here to the ring and back,

im willing to let the co-pilot drive my precious round the ring on the proviso you break it you buy it.

Thanks to all the offers of advice, it's appreciated

OK, looking likely I will be going to the GTI fest anyway, guess I will hang around another VR6 until someone turns up to talk to me!

Anyway, what I would like to know before getting to the ring....

Will it be posted on here of where you will be stoping en route? Hoping to catch up with you all and go in convoy

Track insurance, does anyone know how much and if its worth it? Have heard rumours that the barriers cost 5000 euros per metre to repair! I keep crashing my test golf on Gran Tourismo 4 on the PS2 and am getting worried!!

Also, does it cost money to go on the ring?

Also, was on an earlier thread, told the insurance about my K&N, decat pipe and 17" alloys, no charge!! (Norwich Union)

Thanks to all the offers of advice' date=' it's appreciated

OK, looking likely I will be going to the GTI fest anyway, guess I will hang around another VR6 until someone turns up to talk to me!

[/quote']

should be a big blue gazeebo up and Kerry is bringing the banners along so you should see those as well mate :)

Anyway' date=' what I would like to know before getting to the ring....

Will it be posted on here of where you will be stoping en route? Hoping to catch up with you all and go in convoy

Track insurance, does anyone know how much and if its worth it? Have heard rumours that the barriers cost 5000 euros per metre to repair! I keep crashing my test golf on Gran Tourismo 4 on the PS2 and am getting worried!!

Also, does it cost money to go on the ring?

[/quote']

yeah we will put some meeting points up or meet us at the Ferry terminal matey.

It is very expensive if you crash but almost impossible to get track insurance - just have to be careful and have a clear credit card with you !!

Yes it does cost - from memory it was about E14 per lap last year

Normally' date=' we stop once on the other side of the ferry, once in Belgium and once closer to the 'Ring. Last year, the latter stop was in Luxembourg for cheap fuel.

A little bit of bollocks there. It's not 5000 Euros a metre. It's expensive though. You should expect a bill well into 4 figures if you do stuff it. The simple solution is to treat it as what it is, a country lane. Treat it like a race track and you'll be looking for a passenger ride home. Be safe, have fun. It's not a race, so how fast you go doesn't matter at all.

You should have a good read of Ben Lovejoy's site to understand where you're going, what it's all about and what the rules are.

Also' date=' does it cost money to go on the ring?

[/quote']

22 Euros for a single lap ticket this year, I think. It's gone up in the last few years.

Cheers,

Andy

Normally' date=' we stop once on the other side of the ferry, once in Belgium and once closer to the 'Ring. Last year, the latter stop was in Luxembourg for cheap fuel.

[/quote']

and we will be again. 240 miles from Dunkirk so even Jim can make it on a tank and petrol is 30c / L cheaper than Belgium and Germany ( E0.91/L V E1.20/L according to the AA's march report http://www.theaa.com/onlinenews/allaboutcars/fuel/2009/march2009.pdf )