My supercharged golf - the love affair is over, it's gone :(

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers for the call Jim - Euro's have the fuel pump relay for £7.70 + vat in stock but need a vw part number to check for the ecu relay - anyone got one ?

also this http://www.clubgti.com/FORUM/showthread.php?t=13485 sounds familiar just a shame he never posted an answer but he was also fairly sure it was a relay

Its the colour of it I reckon!!!!!!!

Thats what happens when you have a purple charger :-p

a purple charger sounds rather risque ;) ;)

well gone and picked up a fuel pump relay and when it stops hailing will nip out and fix it and see what happens !! fingers crosses peeps :)

right then fitted the new relay and that seems to have cured my dodgy idle but the car still randomly cuts out !!! - maf or fuel pump next maybe ?? also one thing I noticed when I took the kick panels off below the steering wheel is all the metal brackets were quite rusty - would this, somewhere behind the dash, maybe be the cause of my water leak and if so if the water is trickling down towards the fuse panel presumably this might be causing some of my problems !!!!

went for a drive and it is doing the same thing - it seems to be when you press the clutch pedal, and then it does the same cutting out thing !! vagcomed it before the run and it came up with :-

4 Faults Found:

00553 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70)

29-10 - Short to Ground - Intermittent

00735 - Recirculation Flap Position Sensor -G143. * If this

code is found on late model VR6 (AAA) refer to code #01247.

65535 - Control Unit Failure or Internal Control Module Keep Alive Memory (KAM) Error or Power Failure to Control Unit or Bad Ground Contacts or No Faults Recorded (If MIL Not Illuminated)

01257 - Idling Speed Stabilization Valve (N71)

31-10 - Open or Short to Ground - Intermittent

after the run checked it again it came back with the following :-

2 Faults Found

00735 - Potentiometer in Positioning motor for Air recirculation Flap (G143)

31-00 - Open or Short to Ground - Intermittent

00513 - 00513 Engine Speed Sensor - G28 - Idle RPM Too Low

00513 Engine Speed Sensor - G28 - Idle RPM Too High

00513 Engine Speed Sensor - G28 - Signal Malfunction

any ideas what to change / check next ??

does sound more and more like the engine speed sensor. When stopped mine reads 00513 03-00 no signal.

yeah might grab that one you gave Steve off him and bung it on mine to see what happens - also just unplugged the MAF and it idles like a dream :) no hunting no bucking sat in the car park for about 5-8 mins and it was perfect - so taken the MAF off given it a good spray with electrical contact cleaner and will put it back on and see what happens - fingers crossed again !! :)

have you ever changede you ignition switch??

the new one is black,and non vw omes are crap

it will make loads off dif. problems as everysthing comes thrue there it´s dirt cheap from vw,takes 30min to do for 2 guys

best regards

RIX