My supercharged golf - the love affair is over, it's gone :(

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right so my list of things to do tomorrow is as such :-

check/replace the reader coil for the imobilizer

check all hoses (crankcase breather hose)

grounds especially the one on the battery

test ISV

reset ECU

check the coolant temp sensors ( any help on how to do this ?)

prob get a new speed sensor as a friend said he had a very simialr prob and it was caused by a water leak dripping onto this sensor and as my thermostat housing has been leaking (which we have now cured) this may well be my problem

anything else I should be doing ??

Guest Nero1701

excuse me if i state the obvious,

Fuel pump? blocked fuel hose? enough pressure of fuel to cope with extra demand?

maf, dirty filters? throttle body operating correctly?

excuse me if i state the obvious' date='

Fuel pump? blocked fuel hose? enough pressure of fuel to cope with extra demand?

maf, dirty filters? throttle body operating correctly?

[/quote']

checked most of them mate :( the only thing in that list and something that someone else has suggested is the fuel filter - any thoughts ??

Guest Nero1701

if the fuel is comming out the fuel lines at a steady rate i would doubt the fuel filter's cloged? i had a a3 with simlar probs!!turned out to be a cracke exhaust manifold letting air into the system

bens problem is tat t cts out when something has had tim to get hot, for thst reason i reckon immob coil, as mine has done someting similar before. the way it dies also points to a imob fault, the dials just stop and fall.. much like if you dont have the immob coil connected. see ya today buddy, and bring a brush :)

bens problem is tat t cts out when something has had tim to get hot' date=' for thst reason i reckon immob coil, as mine has done someting similar before. the way it dies also points to a imob fault, the dials just stop and fall.. much like if you dont have the immob coil connected. see ya today buddy, and bring a brush :)

[/quote']

Now can we have to english version of that and not the mockney one....lol ;)

nah off to see Vince on Wednesdat lunchtime and then back to fit it wed afternoon - the only code on vagcom was engine stopped by immobiliser and then went into the immobiliser bit and the code was for the pickup coil- had replaced that with another one so guessing the problem is the box it connects to ??