Revs drop off then pick up again?

Hi,ive only really noticed this problem since fitting my heated front seats,but cannot be 100% sure that is the problem.The problem is when i put car into neutral the revs drop like normal but then carry on as if to stall the car,but then pick up again then drop off and pick up again, does this 3/4 times and while doing this the lights dim.Thing is car runs perfect but when it dips below normal idle its like it wants to stall,but like i said it picks up again,any ideas???

i just looked for cracks on mine' date=' wipped it off and it fell aopart cus was so cracked lol, think you can take its lead out and test it that way?

[/quote']

Just looked at coil pack and seems fine no cracks nothing,but its strange because i have just driven round town and it didn't do it...strange...maybe its a cold thing i don't know...I will check again tomorrow and see if it still does it,thx for the help man ;)

Check the earths are connected well. I had the same thing recently with the revs diving up and down under braking when coming to a stop. It turned out the earth cable to the gearbox had worked loose and was moving around. Also check your battery is ok.

you dont say if its an obd1 or 2, if its an early ish obd1 with idle control valve try cleaning this out, if any electrical circuit is used this is used to increase the revs slightly to compensate, simple way is pull the fuse for the seats if you beleive this to be the cause and see if the idle settles, or just clean the isv, there is a how-to thread on here explaining exactly what to do