Rear Calliper / Couple of Questions

Hi, Im fitting some new discs and pads on my VR6 and have a few quesitons

1) The rear calliper doesnt have any anti-sqeel shims/clips. Is this normal for a VR6 calliper ?

2) Do I need to replace the calliper pins when I change the pads ? GSF said they dont do a brake pad fitting kit for he VR6

2) Any suggestions for front discs, can i use the later and slightly larger VR6 discs (95 onwards) on a pre 95 version ODBC-1 (If thats what its called).The car is charged so would like to uprate them a little.

Thks

Ok so I must admit I cant remember off the top of my head for the rear antisqueel ... anyone else???

If doing the rear discs as well then may be do the bearings at the same time. All accessable at the same time when you take the disc off the back. makes sense really, but not essntial!

All parts are fine to refit. If it worries you then replace them. After all you have to drive it not us!

GSF dont do a kit as such but you can buy the discs and pads for it all seperately.

Fitting is very straight forwards just remember to take the top off your resevoir and drain a little fluid if needed. and Soak everything the night before in releasing oil (wd40) as they are always rusted in as you would expect.

If you have an ODB1 chances are you are on 280mm brakes and yes the 288mm fit straight in .... again from memory.

GSF do have upgraded disks etc so look at those. I got Brembos and then fast road (Padgid) pads for mine and it works well. (I am chagred as well) Lots of people go with black diamond disks, but again your choice.

Dont forget if you are a premium member then you'll get discount which all helps

good luck