What turbo mainfold is this??

how much would it cost to transplant a r32 in a mk3?

Really good thread that tells you prity everything you need to no http://the-corrado.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33931&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=135

In short altho i haven't read it all yet what you need is ,R32 engine, VR throttle body, Custom down pipe and manni (£300 ish some company makes them) and then standalone

(when going stand alone THINK you can still use mk3 clocks, can't see why u couldn't anyway, You would just need to rewire the Rev counter and oil pressure, rest is still all VR stuff )

Or you can go mad and fit mk4 clocks, engine looms, FBW throttle key bla bla bla

So depends what route you take and how much you pick one up for but say £1500 for engine, £600 ECU, £300 manni,

Around £2500 and you should do it i recon

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And they bolt straight in. Even if retaining the factory ME7 management' date=' a quick remap will give you 275-280hp. Food for thought.

Out of their natural environment, they sound demonic, especially with a 6 branch and BMC filter. A cross between a ducati 996 and a nascar V8.

[/quote']

Then turbo it lol, I feel if i was to turbo the VR id have wasted my money when i wanted to upgrade to the R32 so makes more sence to spend the money that id put into the VR into putting a R32 in, Then turbo as and when i can.

Arn't u tempted kev? You already own standalone and a good size turbo you could use on it.... Thinking about it you would only need to buy a exhaust mani and you could use everythink else from your VR? (see changing my mind again all within one post lol)

Have any of you guys tried to make up a manifold yourself? I remember one of the lads on clubpolo years ago doing this when turbo'ing his gt, bought the flanges and then some sort of kit and welded it all up the way yeh wanted it. Just a thought as your all agreeing there's a big gap in the market for a decent manifold.

Mind you I got a pretty decent quote for a one off tubular equal length manifold of arond £800, with the turbo top mounted.

I think if your trying to Turbo your VR6 for as little funds as possible .......... (the same way I am) ........ ha this is the cheapest kit all in I have seen there is a site that sells this kit posted on here somewhere but hey e-bay is easy ........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TURBO-KIT-Volkswagen-VR6-BRAND-NEW-with-WARRANTY_W0QQitemZ360097878746QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item360097878746&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1299%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

1227631796_8485_FT254357_flame_.jpg

Spa manifold £329 (from Strictly)

ATP = $390 (from Schimmel)

Kinetic = $390 (from Schimmel)

Ebay Tubular = £650

I phoned the guy who made a few changes on my exhaust before I had it RR and he recon'd it'd be doable, equal length for between £450 and £500,

Would the benefits really be worth it yeh, comes with warrenty too and isnt located 2000 miles away in another country if I have any issues.

Hmmm, I wonder how much that TIG course is? :-)

I was thinking of just buying a welder and practising joining loads of scrap metal together!

Tig is best for aluminium and I hear it is stronger and neater when welding stainless too, so a tigger would be the best all rounder to have....but it's the hardest to get right and I have no idea where you get the gas from etc!

That ebay kit shows a 4 cylinder manifold! You'd have to get a picture of the VR6 kit before parting with any dosh!

Tubular manifolds can be great if made properly. The equal length runners will pulse the turbo a bit more efficiently. You can buy flanges and collectors from quite a few places in the states. I can't remembe the sites off hand though.

Tig welding is HARD but once you can do it :) you can do any think lol

the only way to weld stainless and ally properly imo

you wont find it hard to source gas Kev but it isn't cheep

Once you know how to set it up its just lots of practice, newer the welder the easyer it is. Last one i used pulse's the arc and you could weld ally without any rod and was neat and easy, adding the rod and keeping it neat strong AND air tight is where it gets difficult