Relocating TB to N/S

Awrite folks

I saw this picture on E38 of a VR with its TB and air filter routed to the N/S as opposed to the O/S. I was wanting to have a section of polished pipe made up to take the air filter to the N/S but this would look a little better I think. Does anybody know how this has been done?

Here's a quick pic of what I'm blabbing on about.

Ken

pics012jr7.jpg

if you look in the pic' date=' its an american car.. as the brake servo is on the left..

[/quote']

which makes no difference as LHD & RHD manifold & throttle body are the same ;)

Looks good but looks like a lot of work just to have the air filter on the opposite side because apart from whatever has been fabricated to move the throttle body you'll also need to lengthen the loom that goes to the maf

So you recon its just an adaptor plate that the guys made up, maybe a 135degree bend by the look of it?

Lengthening to loom for the few wires that go to the maf wouldnt be much of at issue.

Where do you recon I'd be able to get something like this made up? Engineering shops?

Ken

I reacin the whole neck of the mani was cut off and re-welded on upside down and then the adaptor made from there

I think that would flow a hell of a lot better than a standard one with a big bend before the air enters the manifold. Still need to find a pretty good engineering shop that'd b confident they can do the job, any ideas?

So you recon its just an adaptor plate that the guys made up' date=' maybe a 135degree bend by the look of it?

Lengthening to loom for the few wires that go to the maf wouldnt be much of at issue.

Where do you recon I'd be able to get something like this made up? Engineering shops?

Ken

[/quote']

Lengthening the wires won't be an issue, I don't know what your engine bay is like or what your plans are but my point was more that it's a lot of work JUST to relocate the air filter. I think that engine bay looks superb but is that because of the air filter position or the shaved bay, the relocated battery, deleted expansion tank, hidden wiring, fresh paint etc etc?

If I did it to my engine it would just look rubbish... cluttered on one side with an air filter squashed in and bare on the other with crappy paint and a few holes!

Well the paint in my bay is in really good nick as it is and comes up great with a little bit of elbow grease. I am going for the shaved bay look but i cant really chuck it into a bodyshop and pay thousands to get it all done as its my daily, but I've already removed the header, swapped the washer bottle fora saxo item that sits inside the wing, replaced the power steering bottle with a polished item and repositioned it, have a battery box and earth etc in the boot but not got round to moving the battery in there yet, so its getting there, slowly.

Also polished all the A/C pipes as i dont wanna just bin it like some people with smoothed bays do. So once I get that finished I dont think it'd look to bad, with both the wing areas clear and the air filter above the 'box or thereabouts.