Anyone know what this warning light means???

this warning light came on last week for one journey (next time i got in the car the light was off again)

then last night it did the same thing, came on during my trip to work, coming back home it was off again...

not sure quite what it means, it's a yellow circle with 3 yellow dashes either side

[img width=640]http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk53/Karr-Man/vr/112208160347.jpg

hehe thanx i know its brakes... thats why its in this section;)

i would expect fliud level or handbrake to be on the standard red handbrake light... this is a yellow light... not the red one

was wondering if this had some specific meaniing

EDIT: could be pads tho ill have to check that out

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

if its a knackered sensor mate, then simply bridge the two terminals from the car loom together to put the light out.mine came on after i fitted new pads, because the black diamonds weren't fitted with wear sensors. if your sure your pads are good up front, bridge the connections over and your dash will stay clear.

mines come on recently as well. ( so that's at least 2 of us with this rare option ) I suspect the wires which lead to the pad have been rubbing on my wheels and worn away. but havent looked further then ensuring I do actually have pad left.

me 3 :) checked everything and all fine and had it double checked at the garage and all fine so I just ignore it !! faulty sensor somewhere

i think it seems to be connected with the cold... gave a m8 a lift out to aylesbury yesterday were there was snow on the ground and it came back on again for the trip back... dont really mind that much now tho seeing as i know what the light means and i know my pads are still ok:)