what exhaust do you turbo guys run

as above really.. the reason i ask is that , i have the chance to buy a miltek exhaust or jetex.. i can see from the sites that the jetex is 2.5 " so a ideal size for a turbo motor..but im sure the miltek is only 2.25"..does anyone either one of these??

cheers jim

Don't know if its any help but I run a jetex 2.5" on our corsa turbo and its perfect, not too noisy but works well. I have a magnex on my vr which I am going to change to Jetex as the dealer price is well cheap..and think the magnex may be too small for the turbo as its 2.25

ah ok , i also have a 3" dp to a hollowed cat.. i was just thinking that the standard 2.25 bore would be to small..but i cant see a milltek system being that restritive..still a 2.5 " jetex system should flow better still..

Kev still uses a 2.25" system i think...he has 400hp,so i would asume it flows fine,but the less restrictive the better,hence why the diverter valve sounds good and keep stock sytem.....or you could just make up your own and point it out the side...oh yes!

they will both work but would sound like you are blowing via a straw :-p

well my exhaust is homemade, but the rear box is just to loud..im currently making 327 bhp..and was limited by the standard fuel pump, but i have a nice new walbro one waiting to go in..so i should be able to turn the boost up a bit if i feel the need.

i was trying to find a flow vs bore size chart , but havent been able to..

I use the Techtonics Tuning system on mine with twin Borla silencers and it's a full 2.5" bore, not crimped over the axle. The first silence is quite restrictive as it's not straight through, but like James, I want silence and it is practically. Perfect for long motorway trips :D

On my first turbo attempt (stock engine with GT30), I used my existing SuperSprint 2.25" exhaust and that definitely throttled the top end pull.

A full 3" system will improve spool up and top end, but off boost pull can reduce and noise levels can increase a lot if not designed properly.

Be wary of the Jetex 2.5" systems. The ones I've seen are reduced to 2.25" inside the silencers, which is why they're so quiet.....but that restricts flow.

thanks kev..im gonnna go for the milltek one. hpoing to pick it up soon.. anythings gotta be better than whats on the car now..its to loyd to take my little girl out in. and tbh, i prefer some noise, but not ear bleeding levels.

stealth is the king.

3" Kinetic DP, with a Simmons 3" silencer after the DP. 3" C2 Motorsport Over axle piece, and a 3" Simmons silenser at the back. Everything is stainless steel, and dont make to much sound. Works great, and the C2 OAP fits perfect!

Long distance driving is no problem. But after 3200 RPM at full throttle.. Its loud.