Hi all, I have just got my hands on a VR6 I'm looking to make into a fun track toy. The car isn't running at the moment, a water pipe has gone.

Now I'm not very technical, this going to be a project to help me improve my mechanical skills as well as hopefully be a lot of fun.

The water pipe in question is a plastic hard pipe situation underneath the manifold, it has a little nob thing coming off it. It the small nobbily thing that has broken, apparently (I'm relying on me being told the truth here) this a common thing to go on the VR6s. And you can a replacement made of metal which is much will last longer Sorry for lack of knowledge in my description. I have attached a photo which i hope will help.

I need to know a) what is this part called, B) can I get an uprated part c) where is the best place to get it from and d) how easy is it to fit.

Sorry for all the questions, and thank you all for any help received.

John

Hello and welcome.

looks like you could do with new oil coiler seals as well ;-)

As Tony said; not difficult to change but you may end up having to replace the thermostat housing as well as they can be as brittle as each other, and you have to take the housing off to get the pipe out.

Oh and I think his link is broken though: http://gruvenparts.com/website/cart/cart.php?target=product&product_id=255&category_id=60

cool, thanks for the advice guys and so quick as well. i will get on that site and order me one.

The car is a K reg 3 door, not many mods, exhaust, newer headlights air filter.

I bought it from a friend who was more interested in how clean it looked than how fast it went. however when the pipe went 5 months ago he left it sitting and then lost interest, so I took it off his hands, now the lovely red paint work isn't looking so lovely any more.

I plan to strip it, roll cage etc. but it is going to be a long project. Saving bits of money here and there. So many ideas not enough money.

I just saw them on the strictly dubs website, it was £109, they are $79.99 (£55 ish) from the states.

I'm going to America at the end of the month for a family wedding, so I will order it out there. May even bring back a spare couple and sell them here. ;o)