Detailing.... Just thought id give you all my opinion!!

Hey guys,

I see a lot of you debating over which products to use.... ive spent the last 4 years trying to find the best detailling products... i have found the Auto glym to be fine for day to day cleaning and polishing and the Auto glym Vinyl and rubber care is great on the interior, trims and inside the engine....

But if you're wanting to give your car some special treatment i have found rubbish boys carnauba wax to be the best, some makes (like maguires) claim to have carnauba wax in but it is such a small amount, the rubbish boys one is a lot better, plus you put it on with your hands, and it feels like you are doing something really special for your pride and joy.

http://www.carnaubawaxshop.co.uk/

here's a link to his website so you can read up about it yourselves, but i do it in a 5 step process....

1. clean the car (any shampoo is fine, but good ones can all be found on the above site or just auto glym is cool.

2. Dry the car

3. Clay bar the car with the lube that is sold on the above site too... he pretty much supplies eveything and ive been happy with it all....

4. Then pre wax polish, (i used the lime prime polish) but you can use any polish for this step.

5. carnauba wax..... apply with a small amount in your hands and cover every last inch of the car, leave to cure for half hour then buff off. It leave a propa glass like finish, makes the car look dripping wet, it is great stuff.

It takes the whole day to do, but it is def worth it, and if you do it a few times it builds up and makes future cleaning sooo much easier.

I havent yet done the carnauba treatent on my VR as i had run out, but im just about to order some more and will post up pics when i have done it (hopefully the weekend if its dry)

heres the guide on the website http://www.carnaubawaxshop.co.uk/applying-carnauba-wax.php

Hope this is of some use to someone.... i just thought id share what i have found out, i have tried so many different products and this is the one that ill be sticking with (be sure to check out the different versions too as it is specifically designed for car colours or you can buy a general one) and it seems steep but it lasts forever.... ;)

go to seriousperformance website a order yourself some p21s and some colonite as a base wax.the colonite is a extremely long lasting wax originally designed for boats and p21s is as good a carnuba wax as their is for wet looks. clay and polish every six months apply the colonite for your protector wax then layer twice with p21s .layering is key to longevity......and buy a machine polisher 10 times better than by hand! oh and i agree,autoglym is only slightly better than turtle wax.

Yeah i did try the P21 and it was ok. i tend to do a second coat of the carnuba the next day and i do this treatment every couple of months. There was just something about the dodo juice stuff that i prefer, it feels and smells nicer i think, but P21 is also a good carnuba product.... i wouldnt knock either.

I've got a few waxes.

I'm using colinite for winter, but in the summer its a different story.

CG 50/50

P21S blended with nattys blue. Not one on top of each other.

CG xxx

Zymol concourse for the shows

and a few others.

Tried the DODO stuff but didn't seem to get on with it at all.