VR6OC national meet 31st July - 2nd August 2009 :) :)

Right then guys and girls this is the big one !! our very own meet hosted by the VR6OC for the VR6OC - it's a complete must attend event where you will get the chance to meet all your other friendly vr6er's and put faces to all those screen names you have been chatting to all year. It's relaxed, fun and a good opportunity to have a close look over lots of lovely cars and chat about idea's, your ongoing projects and swap ideas.

Yet again we will be holding the show at Billing Aquadrome http://www.billingaquadrome.com/index.aspx

In order to book you need to call them on 01604 784948 anytime up to 7 days before the event and quote the reference VR63109. Camping or day tickets are then available at the following special discount rates :-

Camping - Per night £15

Day ticket - Per Car £10

If you are coming with your family, or just don't fancy camping and would prefer something more homely to stay in they have new camping pods http://www.fellendcaravanpark.co.uk/camping-pods.htm (don't book on this site, it's only showing the pods as they have not updated the Billing site with pics yet - just ask for one when you phone them) with heating and electricity and these are available for £105 for 4 people for the 3 days or £35 per day

We will be having a show and shine type vote on the Sunday where trophies will be awared for the following :-

Best MK3 Golf VR6 of the weekend

Best VR6 variant of the weekend

Most Improved VR6

Best Original VR6

Best Wheels

Most Original modification

Fastest VR6 NA 1/4mile

Fastest VR6 forced 1/4mile

( if you wish to enter the 1/4 mile competition please bring your slips with you )

there will also be trophies handed out to some deserving members for services to VR6OC and for some memerable moments throughout the course of the past year a few of the categories are :-

best post

most drunken show appearance

services to VR6OC

it only costs £1 to enter this and all the money is going towards the cost of hiring the field and getting us all a much reduced camping rate :)

As we have said above this is not a competition type meet but more a relaxing weekend away with lots of other like minded people with whom you can chat not just about vr's but normally everything goes :) it's a way to show your support for the club and meet faces old and new and share a beer or two ;) enjoy incinerating a few sausages on the barbecue and the return of the massive projector screen which we can show some cracking VR6OC videos, ring trips and possibly some other more user interactive things as well :) we will also be looking at getting a few other fun things up and running over the course of the weekend - we will post details here so keep your eyes open.

I know most of you will have been told to get your car on vagcom at some stage when posting on here - well here is the opportunity for that as several members will bring their leads and laptops to check your car for you. Also if you want to buy the lead and download the software before the meet these knowledgable members will also be able to set it up for you and show you how to check the car yourself :)

Also if you have anything you wish to sell then what a great opportunity to bring it along and have a whole field full of other vr6 owners as a captive audience :)

And finally if you have nothing wrong with your car, don't want to buy anything but just fancy a damn good weekend with lots of top people then we can cater for that as well !!!

So then show some support for our club, get your names down for this and lets make this the best and biggest event we have ever done :)

Ben Seabrook

craggsy

dlea

Cabrioman

The Goth

Badoir VR

read 5458

oliVeR6 + Brandon + squeeze cheese

GaVR6in

VR6 Girl

Jim Potter

goonersteve

Sals VR6

RCF + 2

hvr6

Abi

VrSick

Gadget-Master

Spindat-Dub

kie_dub

Nero1701

Piper666

Pimp cat

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have these dates off, I've been looking forward to this one since I became a premium member....right about the time you all finished the events for 2008 lol. Also getting my hands on a mk1 on 30th march......may be doing a vr6 project with that.

Hmmmm should i come..... or more importantly should i bring my side kick: Squeeze Cheese!!! oh and Brandon!

there is no debate about this - and bring the infamous Brandon and the more dodgy Squeeze Cheese - in fact I think there was an offer of a tutorial on it's use ?? ;)

I might pop along............if i can be bothered ;) ....might be washing my hair or something!!!!!! :-p

he he!!

what hair ;) ;)

ben wot about the comptetion we spoke about at the weekend ??? have we got final details' date=' score sheets oh and we may need a photo finish ???

[/quote']

shhhhhh sshhhhhhh :o might subtley ask about it at the pod ;)

just agreed to work these days :(

poor effort :( failure to attend will not be tolerated !!!!

Hmmmm should i come..... or more importantly should i bring my side kick: Squeeze Cheese!!! oh and Brandon!

there is no debate about this - and bring the infamous Brandon and the more dodgy Squeeze Cheese - in fact I think there was an offer of a tutorial on it's use ?? ;)

Good point well made! I shall be there with my equipment ;)