My VR6 turbo, Haldex 4wd. The end....

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been busy beavering away up at my freezing workshop!

I've been meaning to modify the boost pipe that routes over the engine, because it used to rub on the bonnet, which is even worse now with the carbon bonnet!

But to do that i needed to modify the rocker cover to allow for the different route of the pipe.

Which also bought up the issue of the oil breather, which had to be removed and relocated to the front of the cover.

Just sorting the pics out now!

Nothing lately. Been skint and weathers been crap' date=' just waiting on pay day to buy some paint, and 4 tyres.

There is a few little jobs to do, but i'm getting lazy and its been bloody cold!!

[/quote']

Wait until the spring /summer for better results when you are painting.

• 3 weeks later...

A boxing day update!

Made it out to the workshop today, and built the doors up, and finished putting the rest of the bits in the tailgate.

Going to go up tomorrow to blank the sunroof hole and fit the 3 windows, might even get round to fitting the dash i've had for ages!!!

This is my economy drive to fit the parts i have, which will hopefully sort my head out with this car!

Do you need a hand tomorrow?

No cheers mate, slight change of plan. Going shopping with Katie now! Bloody sales, and we've got vouchers to spend!

I'l be doing Adams car on tuesday, then i'l probably go up wed to do the bits i was going to do tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Got me windows in, and blanked the sunroof hole with a sheet of aluminium.

056-1.jpg

054-2.jpg

055-2.jpg

053-1.jpg

Also started modifying my dash by removing the air vents and associated pipe work from inside the dash.

Before;

044-2.jpg

After;

045-2.jpg

And more stuff to throw away;

046-2.jpg

Then i set about making templates for the new blanking panels that will cover the speaker holes, air vents, radio etc.

047-2.jpg

048-2.jpg

049-2.jpg

050-2.jpg

And just transfered the templates onto aluminium. They all needed shaping slightly to blend in with the shape of the dash, and will look better when they are sprayed matt black.

051-2.jpg

052-2.jpg

nice one mate are you going to get it weighed after all this to see how much you have lost ? also whats the plans for the dash - bit of flocking ?

Yeah will get it weighed once its done, got a mate who works on a farm with a weigh-bridge.

Already got the flocked dash, thats the one i've been modifying! :-)

Well the list has got alot shorter!

It needs 4 tyres and 10mm spacers on the rears before the mot in feb, the inside needs painting once i've fitted a cage, and it needs a service.

Not too much, but the cage is lots of £££! And the outside will need a blow over once the weathers warmed up.