VC2 mate - http://www.splitsec.com/products/vc2/vc2ds.htm

If you're good with electronics, you can make one yourself for a few quid. It's mainly just diodes.

Anyway, you stick the clamp onto a 12V supply, put 12V onto the blue wire and put a voltmeter onto the blue/red wire and. Turn the adjustment screw until there is 4.75 V on the blue red wire.

4.75V is a safe limit and allows for voltage creep. If you find you're still getting MAF clipping, wind it back to 4.5V

• 4 years later...

Hi brothers,

If we apply full throttle & fuel cut suddenly for 0.5 second then recover, then a fault code 00553 appears.

Does it mean the MAF read and sent more than 5 Voltes to the ECU?

If the supplier says the chips is tuned without the MAF clamp, does it mean that we need to relocate the MAF (on bumper) further away from the Supercharger to solve the fule cut problem?

Thanks,

Euro

I tested drive again gentlely today, checked no fault code.

Then applied full throttle in straight road, fuel cut again and code 00553 appear again, it proves that hard acceleration will have the problem.

Will the car be locked in limb mode if the code 00553 appear?

Anyone confirm me if install the MAF further away from the supercharger can be a solution?

Euro

If the tuning chips on hand is already a software tuned without the MAF clamp (considered the 5V issue), what cause the fault code 00553?

What steps I need to take without buying another software from somewhere?

I don't know electronics, please help.

Thanks.

Euro

Also be aware that if you remove the 'flow straightener' - the honeycomb mesh on the inlet side of the MAF tube - that this 'Short to B+' can happen even when normally aspirated, presumably due to turbulence. I had this problem on my car when still NA having removed it to get that 'extra bit of performance' - deffo not worth it. Only happened when I gave it full throttle, like you say; if I was moderately gentle it never popped up, then immediately appeared if I booted it hard. Once replaced, never had that code again. I imagine it might also happen if you mount the filter directly on the MAF but can't confirm this.