What have I done?

Haven't started the VR for a few weeks and the battery has died :? . Got in today and thought better give her a charge. Was in a bit of a hurry putting the wires on and wog the negative and positive leads mixed up (it was dark I tell ya!!) and the battery never charged sufficient for the VR to start. Have I caused any damage coz its doing my head in. Can't believe I've been such a twat.

was only mixed up for about a minute, then changed it over and got a burnt finger in the process! But did wana start. Starter motor is on its way out too so that might be adding to the problem. But was at it for fifteen minutes trying every 3 minutes to start her. Bugger

you shouldn't push start any car that has a cat, it can damage it. auto's are a no-no regardless.

whats the probs with starting? i had a prob with starting previously that turned out to be battery, despite a garage saying it was the starter. it would not turn over, then would all of a sudden turn over and start if i kept persistantly trying.

Well finally got her start run her for about five mins (woo hoo) BUT thought I'd take her for a run to charge the battery and went to get my wallet had to turn the engine off as no one to watch out for the car. Came back literally 2 min and wouldn't start!! Arhhhh tried tried tried again for another fifteen and finally gave up. Will try again tomorrow now. Wana avoid getting a new battery if I can. If I start and charge it up you guys reckon it'l be ok or is it shot?