cogged setup for v9

yer i know what your saying just im trying to stat away from rotrex i know they are probly good just my mate has a fiesta st with a rotrex but all hes had is bother n they have had his charger for 3 month now and they keep fobbing him off so im stopping away from them lol

i no its silly im just stubburn

whats the exchange rate like

id love to do it and if the exchange rates were like they used to be id do it straight away but being as they areid probly be better off waiting and getting a v1 or something

would probly still want to go cogged setup with a v1 thou

the ONLY way you can seize a rotrex charger is not keeping an eye on the self contained oil level, there are people out there that have done 50k plus with a rotrex charger with no trouble at all.

you can buy a kit to repair the rotrex chargers from R-TEC in holland, but they have to get all the parts together for you, as they don't stock the repair kit due to them not needing to sell them.

he only had his on 6days and it went its being replaced under warranty but its still ment his cars been off the road for 3weeks while he waited for them to decide wot to do

are all rotax chargers realy loud

not to sure i got it second hand and in obd1 fitment so was a bit of a bitch to fit to my obd2

email allard they should b able to give u a price to convert a manifold

my manifold is just the standard runners and throttle body section with the middle chopped out and a cooler welded it

i can add more pics if you wanr to see what i mean

Nice cooler mate, think you bought my ZW1s a while back unless somebody else has a similar cooler on a vr in newcastle lol hows the car coming along?

There was a guy on Vortex (i think) who make his own toothed belt set-up for his vortech, had an engineering shop make up some for him IIRC, Pitstop and AW tracksport did something similar when putting toothed belts on M45s for G40s.

My mates G run a toothed belt set up and I''ve always wanted a similar sound from my car, I think its do-able if you though properly about pully sizes etc and did it yourself.

Ken

yer i bought them and sold them a few weeks back only to buy another set lol dont know why i sold them in the first place as yours were mint compared to the ones i have now waiting on a rebuild

i mite look into making my own its just gona take some working out all the ratios

my cars.. well its in a million bits as im turning it into a syncro and getting it ready for paint so looks a massive mess at the mo

what you driving these days

Brave man going syncro but good on ye.

One of the guys on club polo made a custom toothed pulley to run more boost, maybe look around on either polo or G60 forums, think there'd be more info on thier forums.

Still got my vr, no progress really, I proposed to the mrs, getting married in the summer so I'm saving hard, cars on the back burner for sure lol