just wanted to know whats it like between the two? speed?, handling? how much off a difference ?

have a mk3 vr, but dont want to ruin it, so was thinking off building a mk2 vr for track, and road, using all mk3 setup ie. rear wider beam, brakes, tt 312s on front, and mk3 coilovers.fully pollybushed.

thanks john

i had a mk3 gti 16v and ive got a mk2 vr6 which is on full mk3 running gear mk2 shocks g60 top mounts on mk3 widetrack running gear inc pas set up.

the mk3 was alot more civilised and didnt rattle as much but you could defintly feel the weight of the car. Tbh i liked it alot despite it's weight

the mk2 is very quick off the mark and does handle really well.but theres a couple off things to note. You will need a proper sump guard or modded sump. Ive gone though 3 sumps one off them done a engine. With widetrack im having issues with wheels. I have bbs rms15x 7.5 wide on the front with rolled arches they rub.I had audi tt 6 spoke 17s on for a week they rubbed worse!! If your putting at least 17's because off your planned brakes you will have to budget for archwork