Car not idling at all with charger on

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the return from the dump valve connected to the inlet side of the charger as this will cause it to not idle as is the dump valve connected thr right way round?

Dump valve is connected where it supposed to be. DV is on TB to charger pipe with flexi pipe going to elbow before charger.

Will also make sure that all connectors are tight and have no leaks.

But Johnno do I connect 2nd flexi pipe to the breather pipe on rocker cover to the elbow before charger.

I'll get pics tomorrow...will help then

yeah same thing isn't it ? but I always thought you only needed them on Turboed cars to release pressure in the system when the throttle is lifted but with a charger you wouldn't have the same issue surely ? no biggy mate just wondering that's all :) hope you get it all sorted tomorrow :)

by pass valve can only go one way and jubilee clips are tight. It connects to the inlet pipe nearest the charger. ive blocked other one off with a rag and still the same. Even if i press accelerator to try and sit at 3000rpm it wont.

Thanks for all the things to try mate it is appreciated.

The side of the dump valve must be connected to the metal boost hose, then the bottom returned to the inlet, you can connect it the wrong way which means that the vacum at idle wont open the vavle and when you acclerate the boost will just force open the valve and recirculate the boost, seen this done a few times before, as the spring insnt strong enough to resist the pressure

if you disconect the pipe into the throttle body will the car idle and can you feel slight pressure coming from the charger?

Not tried the disconnect from TB.

Makes sense really to try different things to rule stuff out.

You can just make out the DV in this pic...is that the right way it should go?

http://the-corrado.net/forum/download/file.php?id=63781&sid=761cd435d9e055d6c8aee1069800343f&mode=view

If so its on the wrong way now. That pic is from the guy I bought it from

When that return pipe wasnt connected on mine it wouldnt idle, i think it relys on that small return

Id be out there now swaping it round, wouldnt be able to sleep as im such a big kid with things like that.

Just remember your adding boost to an engine and engine ecu that wouldnt have it, then the main control of boost is working the wrong way round and not doing its job,

First thing to try mate

craig make sure you adjust the fuel pressure , at idle on the adjustable for you have, it will even out the idle, but if its refusing to rev, its gonna be maf related.. the plugs in the post , so i hope you'll get it soon :)