some pics of my vr6 turbo (440bhp) at north weald on sunday 14th test n tune

getting it all sorted for gti festival and bugjam. going back to smaller turbo housing ,from 106mm back to 63mm (was originally 63mm) as boost only came on fully with 100yds to finish line.(north weald 1/4 mile on sunday) the huge housing makes around 40-50 bhp on top of the 440 allready there but you need to be doing 95mph before any real kick ( spool up time on huge housing took forever ) ,and then it pulls and sounds like a jet plane to the point that the spedo doesn`t have enough numbers on it. FOR REAL. the disadvantage of the 63mm is the boost is there straight away, that may sound good but that amount of power from a standing start from a front wheel drive car is hard to deal with, but since the last 1/4 with the small housing which span every gear and left me fighting full boost in 5th from halfway til i crossed the line 13.6 @ 119mph it has had a new super strong gearbox with shotpeaned and strenghtened gears and a new peloquin lsd and and brand new garret gt3076r turbo and changed the 195 front tyres to 225 so HOPEFULLY :) the new bits will help in the big issue of grip. its all about the grip :)

nice one steve and eat this, matty, once you have tasted the full power its too hard to have anything less, but the .82 was going to be the answer for a while, then decided to have the pure violence back . its down to me now to get the launch right.

plus another £300+ is getting to the silly point,, it just had over £2000 put into it. and thats without the 19 row oil cooler kit, new breather and catch tank,top mounts,ball joints and other bits that are on order. i wish i was but im not made of money :)

and wanted 888`s but couldnt get the tyre to fit in the fibreglass arch. allready gone up 20mm on suspension just to fit the toyo`s.

get smaller r888s then :)

looking at your wheels i doubt r88s stretch well as they have a very hard sidewall can you get a cpl of wheels just to fit the tyres on?

nice, im in the process of tidying mine up.. ill post some pics soon.. ive got a .82 or 86 housing on mine. full boost by 3500 ish revs, but starts making boost at 2800-3000 rpms.. for me its perfect, i also dont have any money to chnage it, so im glad it works well. see you at inters :)

seen this car up close and heared it drive away it looks and sounds awsome u came to my house to buy the geabox off pat lovely looking car and went from my house in north weald to southend in about 20 mins if i remember very fast vrt

hi fella, i remember you and thanks for making me feel welcome at your place. i remember giving it some down the a414 round the corner to your place. :)

see ya soon