0-60 time in a vr

guys i dunno if it was my borrowed timing equiptment playing up (some old datalogger unit) or if it was me messing up settings but my n/a vr with just minimal mods was consistantly pulling sub 7 second 0-60's at the weekend. 6.57s, (i think that miss-timed) 6.76s, 6.82s, 6.88s, 6.95s oh and one 7.13s

its fitted with a custom induction kit, relocating the air filter to the lower bumper grill with alloy tube. 'rado inlet and tb and a cat back 'race pipe' (i hate that term) with an ashley free flow back box.

i mean there are no actual power mods there, but once the revs get to 3400rpm it just launches forward. the power step is much much more noticable with the 'race pipe' fitted over a 2 box aftermarket exhaust, but that cant be right can it? whats the standard vr time and does that kind of gain sound right for the mods ive done?

ok so mid to high 6's aint to bad then. have gained a potential 3/4 of a second with the mods done. out of curiosity, since vr's love cold weather would chilling the air on a n/a car for maybe 0-60 sprints or 1/4 miles make much of a difference, i know a forced motor loves it, the colder the better, but a standard vr also loves cold weather. ive been looking at these cryo kits that are supposed to work but ive never had any experiance with having to chill the induction airflow and dont wanna waste time and money. im not looking at going forced as i will just crash or lose my license if i boost it coz the temptaion would just be to great for me

yah is a straight through from cat to back box. only way to described it really is, good job im deaf lol. it can get a bit tiresome at times or on long journeys and it pops and bangs quite a lot on lift off or just touching the throttle. but the noise it makes when you mash your foot into the carpet is awsome :) i did do a link to the noise it made on a metube vid. search loudest vr on here and that should bring it up. i dont like calling it a race pipe. blame the old maxpower boy racer in me, its just a case of its shorter and easier than saying straight through middle section and axle loop lol

you can buy one for a 16v mk2 from volkszone i think but i doubt the bore will be big enough, a centre pipe from an exhaust builder should cost about 100-120 quid, but be warned it totally transforms the car. most low down torque is lost yet top end when the power band comes in, it comes in with a bang :)