...... Are we doing it right????

This is not an invitation to the ladies for comment we all know the answer... (%) (f) :-p

I was watching 5th Gear when he was in the supermarket car park checking peoples levels and then had a conversation with a knowledgable mate. It has left us not knowing the correct answer...

So here we go??

How to check your oil???

Now I know this sounds daft but there are points for both sides of the discussion...

Hot oil?

Cold Oil?

and When to take your dipstick reading?

SO whats the correct way of and/or whats the VR6 way????

best to check it on level ground in the morning before its started so more of an acurate reading. but even if the engine has been run just leave it 15 mins to let the oil settle then check, makes no difference on the levels between hot or cold,

but saying that my car is currently running nose down so i have to actually level the car before checking mine lol

An old mate of mine knew nothing about cars' date=' once checked his oil level with no problem but was out on the drive for ages topping it up. Turns out he was slowly pouring it down the dipstick tube!!

[/quote']

had an trannie once and when i said `fill it with oil` he did rite to the top .... funny now he works for tesco !!! lol