anyone played with track orientated susp gear?

i dont really mean high end coilovers, more like camber/toe/castor correction on lowered cars.

i like to run low but want to retain/improve the handling characteristics of my mk3

already got coilies, looking at thinker eibach ARB's, lower brace, polybushing and uprated mounts etc

been looking into adj camber/castor topmounts like the ones from Ground Control in the US

anyone got experience with these or something similar?

or got any suggestions?

thanks

im the same as you.. want it slammed and to handle.

Im about to order kw v2.. just trying to justify spending the price of the car on suspension. :(

Run 1.6 neg camber on the front and it does turn in a lot better... any more than that and you back end comes out way to easy.

As far as getting the wishbones level to keep the right roll center im looking for ball joint extenders.. these should help a lot. apart from that the only other thing you could do is sink the sub frame into the chassis a few inchs.. way to much work

so my setup will be light as i can be without loosing comfort. slammed. proper sized good rubber decent suspension. compromise really. not as good as it could be but recon its still a lot better than standard

Oh and front heavy cars like to have stiff rear anit roll bars. also ive moved as much weight from the front into the back to try and even out the weight. getting a 12v deisal heater to put in the boot 2.5 kg compared to the 16kg oem heater system that's normally in the front.

One more thing im going to do is seam weld the shell bit at a time... should be able to do it while its still on the road.

Hope that gives you some ideas :)

dont forget the under side of car, helps at high speed on track, you get more down force and less drag if you smooth the under side , i have diesel under tray and it works well, dont forget engine mounts and keep the wishbones level dont go to low, tyre pressures

are very important to, i have my camber to -1.6 works for me

cheers guys. was the 1.6 neg on the front achieved with those eibach bolts? trying to find out of kmac make eccentric topmounts for the VR but their catalogue is quite vague. would mean i wouldnt have to chop the top of the turrets off to fit them and also have even more adjustment in camber/castor

have been looking for balljoint extenders for a while anyone got a link?

also read about flipping the track rods again to retain the geometry. anyone got any thoughts on this?

but yeah apart from that gonna try and shed some weight, smaller batt in boot etc

• 3 weeks later...

I put superpro poly bushes on my front wishbones, they are slightly more compliant than powerflex and they do sharpen up turn in and front end grip, the down side is they become more sensitive to camber changes on the road so dips and potholes will unsettle the front end more than usual.

I have Koni SST's and polyurethane top mounts, i went through a set of rubber top mounts in 3 months after putting the suspension on

• 4 weeks later...