Hi there replaced my ht leads because of the disco effects that they were making under the bonnet and also made the missfire realy badly p-p-p-p-p-pink.

Anyway after checkin all the plugs were still tight i put my new magnercor leads on and im still getting missfire?

the spark plugs are ngk platinums that have done about 5k and the coil pack seems fine no cracks or anything.

The only thing i can think of is that the plastic lead remover tool isnt seating the leads properly as when you push the plastic tool just slips over the notches on the ht lead.

So i recon i need a metal remover tool theres one on GSF bur does anyone know if its metal?Or where else i could get a metal ht remolval tool?

first once you have seated the lead to the plugs flip the tool over and use the thin end to make sure the leads are driven all the way home, also find someone with a coil pack engine and swap the packs out. my vr6 was mis-firing and pinking real bad it sounded like small end bearings rattling. anyway i changed plugs and leads and it got slightly better then i took the plung and fitted yet another coil pack and its all sorted again.

coil packs are a pain in the arse, aint no cheap way to fix em gotta replace the whole thing. mine was only 2 yrs old and looked in perfect condition and was weak on the front 3 cylinders unlike normally failing in pairs but it fixed it. its not always the pack itself but sometimes the control module on the top but this is NOT replacable so gotta change the whole thing

The sealy tool works a treat.

Checked the spark plugs before shelling out for a new coil pack and found that on cylinders 4-6 the plugs have gone brown around the base of the ceramic part of the plug.I suppose this is from not having the ht leads seated properly should i replace these two plugs?

No not yet.

The thing is if i have the window up the only way i would tell there was a missfire is that when i take my foot off the accelarator theres a little jolt,if i have the window down all i can hear is t.t.t.t.t.t.t.t.

I havent noticed a loss of power however i think i may have just gotten used to the way it runs.

going to try some redex and change the fuel filter then maybe clean the throttle body.

McPikie if it were the case i was losing compresion how much does this cost to put right?

• 3 weeks later...