Ghost opens my windows at night

Right, i lock my car and during total closure the windows are closed.

The car is licked and all is good. The last two mornings

ive gone out to find both front windows open and the doors locked. I locked the car

by remote just for your info.

Now the car ia a 98 3 door, ive had a problem with the switched live, could it be this?

I removed the stoxk sony after i pluged in the changer and the head unit stoped working.

When i fitted the new unit the switched live( yellow) was dead.

I also just fitted the entire hi line leather and during this i had to disconect the window controls. May

be this?

Man its doing my head in, please help before its nicked

O K, ive just wirnessed the car opening the windows. it starts with the drivers side, you can hear the relays go nuts and the drivers window steps its way down to open followed by the passengers window, i try to close them and have no control other than to put the windows down. and they wont close on the total closeure option. after a while it lets me close them and then it opens them again. i just moved the car onto the drive and closed the windows and sice i moved the car its not tryed yet to open the windows. please help before i burn my car lol

i can hear the relay and yeah when you hold the key in eather direction you can open or close the windows. Its been raining hear i a do wonder also if water has got some where it shouldent. I dont even know where the windon control unit is, may be then if i can find this i can disarm the windows till i can fix it or replace may be the control unit. man its a strange one that ive never encountered and i feel that VW should never of let this be possible.

i can hear the relay and yeah when you hold the key in eather direction you can open or close the windows. Its been raining hear i a do wonder also if water has got some where it shouldent. I dont even know where the windon control unit is, may be then if i can find this i can disarm the windows till i can fix it or replace may be the control unit. man its a strange one that ive never encountered and i feel that VW should never of let this be possible.

check the door wiring loom where it leaves the door and enters the car youll have to pull back the rubber seal, check for damaged/brittle wires theres a few behind there its the red/yellow one for the windows i think i had similar trouble but the widows opened when i was driving (mainly over bumps) was due to the wire arcing and somehow opening th e window relay worth a look

thanks man. ile have a look on the morrow, its deff getting worse. its totaly strange though as its been fine, i did put the entire hi line leather in there the other day. So i might have desterbed the loom when i changed the door card.

Was it you that fixed your car and what wires did you have to fix, im guessing there is a switched live and a earth + perminent live? thanks again

yea i fixed it myself one loom was completey fooobard widow live, and a speaker wire completey cut 2 earths and about 3 more cracking for noow i just used a contection block and cut it into bits and just taped the cracked ones up then check the other looms 1 was fine and the other 2 where on there way out so just taped em up until i can afford to replace the full loom

o k, i checked out the loom to the drivers door, inside and out and its as good as new, so im thinking this. its got the factory scorpion alarm, while i was fitting the coil overs i had the bonnet open in a rain storm, could it be the alarm?

• 2 weeks later...

I would have thought is was either the alarm or the relay

I don't think it's the loom mate because after you turn the ignition off and close the doors the power to the window switch's are cut

If it was in the loom it would have to be a bare live touching the window wires and that would more than likley happen when the cars moving about

Bee..

• 1 month later...

Where exactly was this total closure module in the drivers footwell? In or around the fuse box area or....?

Im having the EXACT same problems in my VR and have had to unplug the window regs/motors to stop them from opening!

Have you had any more issues since you dried out the closure module?