Ben's baby blue supercharged golf - the end is nigh

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well stuffed half a kitchen scourer into my catch tank to stop the oil coming back out - with Jim's help we found the vag-com wires and pulled them out ready.

So off to Stealth tomorrow for the re-map, not sure what to expect but somewhere around the 280 mark would be great and I trust Vince to give me a very driveable car with lots of usable power :) :)

:) well was a bit of an drama but we got there in the end !! firstly Vince thought the car was too low to go on the rollers :( so they tried to raise the coilies - no joy ! so we gave it a go, it sat on the splitter and subframe although the wheels were sort of on the rollers ! so Vince jacked up the back of the car and after a little bit of shifting it was in !! so on to Vagcom it went and we found the lambda was responding :( one loose wire was found and fixed and that was ok :) then one of the wires in the MAF had corroded so that needed to be replaced :( with them done we started it up and discovered the fuel pressure was dropping as soon as it came on boost :( discovered that the fuel pump was shot so a phone call was made and in an hour one arrived :) however it was different :( so we had to cobble it together and I now have no fuel gauge !! however it was then ready !!!

the first run was 235 and a very lumpy curve with torque at 210 and again all over the place ! so Vince got to work and an hour later it stands at a very impressive 270 bhp and 230 lbft :) all at 6 psi :) well chuffed and it drives brilliantly :) pulls so so well both on the motorways and the b roads on the way home :) also nothing else came up on vag-com so I now have piece of mind for the rest of the car :) :)

will get the graphs and vids / pics up asap :)

thanks very much for all the supportive/inquisitive texts and calls today too :) :)